Monday, May 19, 2014

themusicaddict's Top 100 + 2 All-time iTunes Played List, (Part 2) (Updated May 25th, 2014)

Hello,

Update: This blog is updated to include the Dixie Chicks "You Were Mine" just had it's 24th listen on my iTunes.

This is my Top 100 + 2 songs that have been played on my iTunes,  it started on August 29th, 2011. This comes from my iTunes and even I'm surprised about some of the songs on this list. The number of Taylor Swift are a bit skewed because my two middle kids and I went and saw her in concert. At that time they were getting the songs for their iPods from my iTunes. I loaded their iPods with a lot of Ms. Swift's songs. Many songs benefit from being on my Sunday Music playlist, that list contains about 1,600 songs. Plus the 830 songs on my iPod have a much better chance of racking up listens obviously.

Also as most of you probably notice when you listen to iTunes on shuffle, the shuffle seems to favor the same few hundred songs. There's also a lot of 80s songs on here as well, because well I'm old. Plus as iTunes is a living thing and constantly changing, so will this list. When a song in my top 100 plays I'll update my blog accordingly.

The next few songs are tied for 87th place in my Top 102, these songs all have 24 listens:

This is probably not a song you want to listen to in public, you don't want people to get the wrong idea. Jethro Tull's "Aqualung" (Live):



Gary Wright's "Dream Weaver":



The Dixie Chicks "You Were Mine":



With Natalie Maines not wanting to record, the other two Dixie Chicks still wanted to make music. Emily Robison and Martie Maguire formed the Court Yard Hound's "It Didn't Make A Sound":



Billy Joel's "Los Angelenos" (you know that they all come from somewhere):



The stalker song, Adele's "Someone Like You":



The next several songs are tied for 74th place with 25 listens:

Taylor Swift's "A Place In This World":



Taylor Swift's "The Way I Loved You":



Ozzy Osbourne's "Crazy Train":



OneRepublic's "Secret":



Macy Gray's "Why Didn't You Call Me?":



Although Led Zeppelin is my all-time favorite band, I find it bizarre Linda Ronstadt has more songs on this list than do the Mighty Zep, 2 to 1. "So Right, So Wrong":



Linda Ronstadt's "Trouble Again":



The Doobie Brothers "What A Fool Believes":



Cascada's "Evacuate The Dancefloor":



Carly Simon's "You're So Vain":



Bob Marley and the Wailers "Iron Lion Zion":



Billy Joel's "All For Leyna":



"American Idiot's" Cast "Favorite Son":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites