Tuesday, May 6, 2014

themusicaddict's 11 Most Intriguing CDs Arriving In The Next Few Weeks+1 (Part 2) (Updated June 14th, 2014)

Hello,

Sadly as I'm writing this blog on May 6th, for some reason Youtube is being difficult to use so I can share the videos for each video. I'll have to add these songs at a later time. For now I'm not able to add videos to this blog. My apologies.

This is the second part of the blog I started yesterday. Yesterday I wrote about my 11th to the 6th most intriguing CDs being released over the next few weeks.

5) Night Ranger's "High Road" will be released on June 10th, 2014. I know I'm not the only one that thought to themselves "they are still recording?" They actually released a CD in 2011, "Somewhere In California. It must have made virtually no impact as I hadn't heard of it until doing research for this blog. Thanks to my friends at Spotify I listened to it yesterday. The fact that it's not great is probably the main reason why it didn't blow off the doors when released.

Night Ranger is know for such great songs as "Sister Christian", "The Secret of My Success", "Don't Tell Me You Love Me", "Sentimental Street", "When You Close Your Eyes", "Goodbye" and "(You Can Still) Rock In America".

Although Night Ranger released some of the best songs of the 80s, I'm expecting their new music to be closer to their 2011 CD in quality than their classic stuff. This is the title track from "High Road":



4) Cher Lloyd's "Sorry I'm Late" will be released on May 27th, 2014. Lloyd is the singer of this sassy little gem "Want U Back":



3) Michael Jackson's "Xscape" is set to be released on May 13th, 2014. Yes, another raid of the great Jackson's vault. Putting lipstick on a pig and you still have a pig. However I'm giving this CD a chance because Michael was such a genius. Although why are they only releasing 8 songs at a time. I take that as the vault is pretty barren, so to have as many "new" CDs of music they keeping the songs on each CD to a minimum. The first single off the 8 track "Xscape" is "Love Never Felt So Good", this sounds like an "Off The Wall" extra track.

"Love Never Felt So Good":



2) Black Stone Cherry's "Magic Mountain" was released today actually. This is the follow up CD to the excellent 2011 CD "Between The Devil and The Deep Blue Sea", this is the CD that got me to notice BSC. That powerhouse CD had such great songs "Let Me See You Shake", "In My Blood", "Blame It On The Boom Boom", "Stay" and "Change".

I'm actually listening to "Magic Mountain" now. While it's a perfectly good rock album, it really isn't breaking any new ground. Although it will sound good on your car's stereo late at night this summer.

1) The Black Keys' "Turn Blue" is scheduled to be released on May 13th, 2014. This is their follow up CD to the excellent "El Camino". The Black Keys have released such great songs as "Tighten Up", my theme song "Next Girl", "Lonely Boy" and "Gold On The Ceiling". Although it's not released yet, you can listen to it now at iTunes.

Then the bonus CD, a CD I just found out about today, is the double CD "Blondie 4 (O) Ever" which is broken down into two CDs. 1) "Ghosts of Download" is mostly full of new material, including a strange/awesome cover of Frankie Goes To Hollywood's "Relax". 2) "Deluxe Redux", a collection of 11 of their rerecorded greatest hits.

Thanks to rollingstone.com for the heads up about "Blondie 4 (O) Ever". Also thanks for working with SoundCloud to be able to listen to both of these CDs now. Growing up Blondie was my favorite band, so I'm loving both the new and old songs.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites