Monday, March 30, 2020

(Finished March 30th, 2020) The Top 5 Songs + #100 Ranked Song Every Year I've Been Alive Part One: 1967,1968,1969

Hello,

I was hatched in June of 1967, the #1 about the week I was born was Aretha Franklin's "Respect". If that isn't exactly accurate, it's pretty close. And it's close enough that I will take it. These rankings are from Billboard magazine.

1967:
100) Neil Diamond "Thank The Lord For The Night Time":


5) The Monkees "I'm A Believer":


4) The Association "Windy":


3) Bobby Gentry "Ode To Billy Joe":


2) The Box Tops "The Letter":


I'm very glad this was #1 for the year when I was born. 1) Lulu "To Sir With Love":



1968:

Honestly I've never even heard of this song or the artist. But I love it's old school feel.
100) Jerry Butler "Never Gonna Give You Up":



5) The Rascals "People Got To Be Free":



4) Otis Redding "(Sittin' On) The Dock of The Bay":



This is not a song that I would associate with the radical year of 1968. 3) Bobby Goldsboro "Honey":



2) Paul Mauriat "Love Is Blue":



Not a big Beatles fan, but this is without a doubt a classic. 1) The Beatles "Hey Jude":


1969:

100) The Box Tops "Sweet Cream Ladies, Forward March":



5) Sly and The Family Stone "Everyday People":



4) Rolling Stone "Honky Tonk Women":



3) The Temptations "I Can't Get Next To You":



2) The Fifth Dimension "Aquarius/ Let The Sunshine In":



1) The Archies "Sugar, Sugar":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites