Tuesday, March 3, 2020

(Finished March 3rd, 2020) Best Country Songs of the 70s, Part 6: Songs 88-104

Hello,

First I started working on the blog for best country songs of the 80s. Then I started working on the best country songs of the 90s. The plan I was going to highlight the best country songs from 2000-2010, and I still might, but I was less than excited about many of those songs. So I decided I would go back to the golden days of 70s country music and I was reminded how many great songs that decade had. Here's about 80 of them. The following songs come from my memory, iTunes, YouTube playlists, Ranker.com and a few other websites.

88) Bobby Bare "Marie LaVeau":



89) Billy Swan "I Can Help":



90) Waylon Jennings "Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way":



91) Ray Stevens "The Streak":



92) Kenny Rogers "Lucille":



93) Marie Osmond "Paper Roses":



94) B.J. Thomas "Hey Won't You Play (Another Somebody Done Wrong Song)":



95) Linda Ronstadt "Blue Bayou":



96) Sammi Smith "Help Me Make It Through The Night":



97) Jerry Reed "East Bound and Down":



98) Jerry Reed "She Got The Goldmine (I Got The Shaft)":



99) Mickey Gilley "Don't The Girls Get Prettier At Closing Time":



100) Johnny Paycheck "I'm The Only Hell My Mama Ever Raised":



101) Charley Pride "Kiss An Angel Good Morning":



102) Charley Pride "Crystal Chandeliers":



103) Johnny Cash "Ghost Riders In The Sky":



104) Johnny Cash and Waylon Jennings "There Ain't No Good Chain Gang":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites