Tuesday, March 31, 2020

(Finished March 31st, 2020) The Top 5 Songs + #100 Ranked Song Every Year I've Been Alive Part One: 1970, 1971, 1972

Hello,

I was hatched in June of 1967, the #1 about the week I was born was Aretha Franklin's "Respect". If that isn't exactly accurate, it's pretty close. And it's close enough that I will take it. These rankings are from Billboard magazine.

1970:
R.I.P. Aretha, she was so incredible. 100) Aretha Franklin "Call Me":


5) Edwin Starr "War":


4) B.J. Thomas "Raindrops Falling On My Head":


3) The Guess Who "American Woman":


2) The Carpenters "They Long To Be Close To You":



1) Simon and Garfunkel "Bridge Over Troubled Water":


1971:
100) Perry Como "Somos Novios (It's Impossible)":



5) The Bee Gees "How Can You Mend A Broken Heart":



4) The Osmonds "One Bad Apple":



This was a double sided A single according to Wikipedia. 3) Carole King "It's Too Late/ I Feel The Earth Move":





2) Rod Stewart "Maggie May/ Reason To Believe":



His version he made of this song several years later is a lot better, although this version is fine.



This is the mentioned above version that I enjoy so much more.



1) Three Dog Night "Joy To The World":


1972:
100) The Isley Brothers "Pop That Thang":



5) Sammy Davis Jr. "Candy Man":



4) Harry Nilsson "Without You":



3) Don McLean "American Pie":



2) Gilbert O'Sullivan "Alone Again":



1) Roberta Flack "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites