Tuesday, July 14, 2020

(Finished July 18th, 2020) B101's Top 500 Songs of the 80s, Part 1: Songs 500-481

Hello,

Because I haven't taken on enough projects already I decided I'd start yet one more project. I Googled The Top Songs of the 80s and found a Billboard list, but I didn't want to pay for that. I'm sure that Billboard would call that proprietary information. Next I thought I could do my Top 100 80s songs on my iTunes, but that ended up being too much work. I continued Googling and stumbled across this B101 countdown- they're an 80s and More station out of Providence. Since I found this easily and there's no financial strings attached I'm hoping this isn't proprietary information. Thanks to B101.

Why so many 80s blogs you may ask, that's because 80s music never gets old.

I'm slowly cataloguing all 500 songs, according to the first 200 songs I catalogued hair metal and country barely happened in the 80s. There are a couple of appearances by Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Bon Jovi and "Every Rose Has It's Thorn", but that's about it. That's disappointing.

Steve Winwood rocks the fist 40% of this countdown as this is the first of his 6 songs that appear between 302 to 500) Steve Winwood "Valerie":



Still sounding great decades later. 499) Bananarama "I Heard A Rumour":



Not a one hit wonder, their song from the "Footloose" Soundtrack is coming. 498) Shalamar "The Second Time Around":



I love his voice so much on this song. 497) Michael McDonald "Sweet Freedom":



Since I'm not a 19 year old I do know the Queen of Soul and so does this Top 500 countdown.
496) Aretha Franklin and Michael Jackson "I Knew You Were Waiting For Me":



From the "Beverly Hills Cop 2" movie soundtrack. 495) Bob Seger "Shakedown":



"And as a matter of fact, it blows my mind, You would even talk to me". This song should be at least Top 100 and why didn't "Roni" make this list?  494) Bobby Brown "Every Little Step":



The first one hit wonder, or is he? I love the funky vibe of this song. 493) Keith Sweat "I Want Her":



The lead singer of Foreigner when the band had it's biggest hits. 492) Lou Gramm "Midnight Blue":



One of many songs by "Miss Jackson if you're nasty". 491) Janet Jackson "Control":



490) Ashford & Simpson "Solid":



I love Billy Ocean, but this isn't one of my favorite songs of his.
489) Billy Ocean "When The Going Gets Tough":



One of the greatest songs of all-time. One of my other projects that I'm currently working on is compiling a list of the Greatest Songs of All-Time (GSoAT). This song will be on that list near the top. 488) Styx "The Best of Times":



487) Mary Jane Girls "In My House":



Not a one hit wonder, but this is only song on this countdown. 486) Adam Ant "Goody Two Shoes":



A song that's very easy to forget, but once you hear it again one wonders how they ever forgot it in the first place. 485) Dazz Band "Let It Whip":



One of her two songs on this countdown. 484) Pebbles "Mercedes Boy":



With his solo work and with his work with Genesis, Collins has over 10 songs on this countdown. One of the more unassuming superstars of the 80s. 483) Phil Collins "Two Hearts":



Her next song on this countdown doesn't come for 379 spots. 482) Pat Benatar "Treat Me Right":



481) Jody Watley "Real Love":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites