Saturday, July 18, 2020

(Started July 17th, 2020) B101's Top 500 Songs of the 80s, Part 5: Songs 420-401

Hello,

Because I haven't taken on enough projects already I decided I'd start yet one more project. I Googled The Top Songs of the 80s and found a Billboard list, but I didn't want to pay for that. I'm sure that Billboard would call that proprietary information. Next I thought I could do my Top 100 80s songs on my iTunes, but that ended up being too much work. I continued Googling and stumbled across this B101 countdown- they're an 80s and More station out of Providence. Since I found this easily and there's no financial strings attached I'm hoping this isn't proprietary information. Thanks to B101.

Why so many 80s blogs you may ask, that's because 80s music never gets old.

When you only have two songs that break out, make sure they're both great songs. His other great song is coming up in about 100 spots. 420) Tone Loc "Wild Thing":



One of the best songs from any soundtrack ever. 419) Ray Parker Jr. "Ghostbusters":



418) Crowded House "Something So Strong":



I love the slinky vibe of this song. 417) Robert Palmer "I Didn't Mean To Turn You On":



416) Bobby Brown "Don't Be Cruel":



An incredibly hard to believe relatively unknown band, they have several great songs. It's hard to believe for me that this is their only song that is on this countdown. If you don't know much about this band I highly suggest you look into them.
415) Simply Red "Holding Back The Years":



themusicaddict Bonus Video: I'm going to shoe horn "Money's Too Tight (To Mention)" here:



They do have more songs than "Human" and "Don't You Want Me". 414) Human League "(Keep Feeling) Fascination":



From the amazing soundtrack for the original "Footloose". 413) Shalamar "Dancing In The Sheets":



412) Gloria Estefan "Rhythm Is Gonna Get You":



Another song with a silky, sultry groove. 411) Alannah Myles "Black Velvet":



410) Robbie Nevil "C'est La Vie":



409) Pebbles "Girlfriend":



408) Paul McCartney "Say Say Say":



407) Billy Ocean "Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car":



406) Aerosmith and Run-D.M.C. "Walk This Way":



 Have you been rick rolled lately? 405) Rick Astley "Never Gonna Give You Up":



This is an amazing video, but I can't watch it. I hate people that hurt animals for any reason.
404) Peter Gabriel "Shock The Monkey":
403) Kool and the Gang "Cherish":
402) Elton John "Sad Songs (Say So Much)":
401) Paula Abdul "Cold Hearted":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites