Wednesday, July 15, 2020

(Finished March 2nd, 2023) Part 3 of B101's Top 500 Songs of the 80s: Songs 460-441

Hello,

Because I haven't taken on enough projects already I decided I'd start yet one more project. I Googled The Top Songs of the 80s and found a Billboard list, but I didn't want to pay for that. I'm sure that Billboard would call that proprietary information. Next I thought I could do my Top 100 80s songs on my iTunes, but that ended up being too much work. I continued Googling and stumbled across this B101 countdown- they're an 80s and More station out of Providence. Since I found this easily and there's no financial strings attached I'm hoping this isn't proprietary information. Thanks to B101.

Why so many 80s blogs from me you may ask, that's because 80s music never gets old.

This is the first of many great songs by the Queen of Pop. Will Madonna have the most songs on this list? I think she has a very good chance at that. And let's be honest this song should be at least 300 songs higher. This came at a time when Madonna was at her peak. 460) Madonna "Who's That Girl":


My two favorite Richard Marx songs are in the bottom part of this countdown. Just two of the many songs I thought should be much closer to the Top 100. 459) Richard Marx "Should've Known Better":


Remembering Paula Abdul before her disastrous turn on "American Idol". 458) Paula Abdul "Forever Your Girl":


457) Falco "Rock Me Amadeus":


456) Expose "Seasons Change":


455) Icehouse "Electric Blue":


454) Julian Lennon "Too Late For Goodbyes":


453) Jermaine Stewart "We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off":


452) R.E.M. "The One I Love":


451) Real Life "Send Me An Angel":


450) Terence Trent D'arby "Wishing Well":


449) Expose "Come Go With Me":


448) Tina Turner "We Don't Need Another Hero":


447) Weather Girls "It's Raining Men":


446) Erasure "Chains of Love":


445) Sheena Easton "Strut":


444) Pretty Poison "Catch Me (I'm Falling)":


443) Billy Joel "Keeping The Faith":


Another song that should be at least a couple hundred positions higher. 442) Nu Shooz "I Can't Wait":


441) Billy Ocean "Loverboy":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites