Sunday, July 26, 2020

(Updated July 26th, 2020) Carrie Underwood "Cry Pretty" Setlist, Part 4: Review of Carrie Underwood

Hello,

Some of these blogs have been sitting on the shelf for awhile, I'm not going through, finishing and publishing these. I started this blog about 10 months ago, right after seeing Miss Underwood in concert. Looking back now she put on a great show. Other than the music was played too loud it was a great concert.

Carrie Underwood, Maddie and Tae and Runaway June took the stage Saturday night September 14th, 2019 at the Vivant Smart Home Arena in Salt Lake City. First of all the volume was too loud. I know I'm old, but it wasn't too loud because I'm old. It was too loud because what was being said and sung were drowned out. Carrie Underwood sang one song that I couldn't even recognize it, I heard that song on my iPod this morning and figured out what the song was. It's a cool song but again the sound drowned out what was being sung, which took away from the enjoyment of the concert. It seems the ac wasn't working, it was a sauna in the Viv last night. Sadly the people hurt the worst by the loud volume is the opening bands. I couldn't understand what they were saying or singing. I think I might have liked Maddie and Tae a lot more if I had just understood them.

Don't even get me started on the DJ, he was lame and pointless.

For Carrie I'm posting her entire setlist, and adding videos for all the songs. Carrie took the stage to Guns N' Roses "Paradise City", which is a song she has sung in concert before.

She started out strong with one of the best songs off her recent CD. This is Carrie's "Cry Pretty" tour. I love this song so much. 1) "Southbound":


This isn't one of my favorite of Carrie's songs, but I love this version. 2) "Cowboy Casanova":



3) "Good Girl"


4) "Last Name":



 Carrie told us that today was the 1 year anniversary of the release of "Cry Pretty". It's a very good CD, this is one of the great songs from that CD. "Cry Pretty" is a very good CD and this is one of my favorite songs from that CD. 5) "Backsliding":



Here we get into the revenge fantasy part of the show.
6) "Church Bells":


7) "Two Black Cadillacs":


8) "Blown Away":


9) "Drinking Alone":


This is the song I couldn't figure out what it was until I heard it on my iPod the next morning. That's how loud the sound was. 10) "End Up With You":


These next two songs aren't my favorite Carrie songs.
11) "Flat on the Floor":


12) "Wasted":

13) "Temporary Home / See You Again / I Know You Won't / Just a Dream / Dream On":
(Aerosmith cover)

After talking about her "American Idol" run 15 years ago and making her first CD she sang this song. 14) "Jesus, Take the Wheel"

Another strong song from "Cry Pretty" 15) "The Bullet":

16) "Something in the Water":

17) "Low":

18) "Stand By Your Man / Walking After Midnight / Coal Miner's Daughter / 9 to 5 / Rockin' With The Rhythm Of The Rain / She's In Love With The Boy / Independence Day / Wild One / Why Haven't I Heard From You / Man! I Feel Like A Woman"

19) "Undo It / Freedom" (George Michael cover)

20) "The Champion":

See how much the terrible sound quality ruins one of her best songs. 21) "Before He Cheats":


Same tour, same everything. However do you see how much better this video sounds? Although still not as good as it sounds.


Encore:

22) "Cry Pretty":

23) "Love Wins":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites