Wednesday, July 8, 2020

(Started July 8th, 2020) Just How Random is iTunes Shuffle?

Hello,

I wanted to see what the shuffle did on iTunes and this is what happened. I've decided to add a second song to the random song, a song that I would have chosen if I was picking the song. I'm not sure how this experiment is going to work out, I thought I would try it at least once.


 I'll start with 1) Five Iron Frenzy's "Superpowers" and see where shuffle takes us.


Let's go with one of my favorite ska songs this is from Reel Big Fish "Sell Out":



2) Pearl Jam "Keep On Rockin' In The Free World" (Live In West Palm Beach):



Let's go with another Pearl Jam classic "Corduroy":



A remnant from when my daughter had a serious case of Bieber Fever. In case you're wondering she survived. I didn't realize Rascal Flatts sang on this song as well. That makes this song so much cooler. 3) Justin Bieber featuring Rascal Flatts "That Should Be Me":



He used to be so pretty. Let's go back several years ago to when Shaun Cassidy was the teen heartthrob. Isn't that crowd a bit old for a teeny bopper? "Da Doo Ron Ron":



From one of the best 80s CDs "So". 4) Peter Gabriel "We Do What We're Told (Milgrams 37):



Let's go with one of Gabriel's lesser known, but classic, songs "Steam":



5) From "The Messiah",  "O Death, Where Is Thy Sting":



"Hallelujah":



6) Delta Rae "Chasing Twisters":



"Bethlehem Steel":



Behind only the lovely Miss Underwood, Miss Clarkson is likely the second best "American Idol" alumnus. 7) Kelly Clarkson "Where Is Your Heart":



"Breakaway":



8) Robert Plant & The Strange Sensation "Somebody Knocking":



"Takamba":



And because I love Robert Plant and this song so much, here's a bonus song. "Ship of Fools":



9) James Taylor "Shower The People":
I've already posted "Fire and Rain" way too many times and I'll be doing so again when I release my Greatest Songs of All-Time blogs.  Here's another amazing Taylor song "Copperline":

10) Ratt "What You See Is What You Get":
"Round and Round":
11) Pearl Jam "Rearviewmirror" (Live In Boise, Idaho):
"Not For You":



12) Black Stone Cherry "Won't Let Go":
"Blame It On The Boom Boom":
13) Pink Floyd "Lost For Words":
"Money":
14) REO Speedwagon "Can't Fight This Feeling":
Let's go with a Speedwagon song that truly rocks "Tough Guys":
15) Tumbledown "Arrested In El Paso Blues":



"Great Big World":



16) Clint Black "Put Yourself In My Shoes":
17) Duran Duran "Tiger Tiger":
18) Mary Chapin Carpenter "I Am A Town":
19) Alien Crime Syndicate "Softly":
20) Johnny Cash "Help Me":

One of my favorite of his late career songs "The Man Comes Around":

At this point I started skipping the songs that are average or less. These are the 4 or 5 star songs that played on shuffle.

21) Billy Idol "Cradle of Love":
22) Neil Young "Let's Roll":
Yes, I have a lot of Pearl Jam on my iTunes, they are my second favorite band of all-time.
23) Pearl Jam "Black" (Live In Katowice):
24) Martika "See If I Care":
25) Smashing Pumpkins "Siva":
26) twentyonepilots "Hometown":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites