Saturday, July 10, 2021

(Started July 10th, 2021) U2's Message Songs

Hello,

What do you think of when you think of U2- you probably think of soaring anthems and brilliant lyrics. That's what I think of, I especially love the lyrics in "One".  U2 writes songs about all sorts of topics, from the most serious to the most frivolous. 

1)  "Until The End of the World":


2) "Mothers of the Disappeared":


3) "(Pride) In The Name of Love":


4) "Bullet The Blue Sky":


5) "Sunday Bloody Sunday":


6) "New Year's Day":


7) "One":

You say
Love is a temple
Love a higher law
Love is a temple
Love the higher law
You ask me to enter
But then you make me crawl
And I can't be holding on
To what you got
When all you got is hurt


8) "Kite":


9) "The Hands That Built America":


10) "Silver and Gold":


11) "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me":


"This song, Charles Manson stole this from the Beatles, we're stealing it back". 12) "Helter Skelter":


13) "Van Demien''s Land":


14) "MLK":
15) "New York":
16) "Angel of Harlem":
17) "Walk On":
18) "Red Hill Mining Town":
19) U2 featuring Mick Jagger, Fergie and will.i.am "Gimme Shelter":


20) "I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight":
21) "In God's Country":


theemusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites