Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Great songs by the Fratellis and The Gaslight Anthem, "Live To Dance"

Hello,

"Creepin' Up The Backstairs"- The Fratellis:



This band has received a lot of hype, of which I don't think they are deserving of. That being said this is a great song:



Also here's an all-time classic, definitely a Top 500 song, "The Thunder Rolls" by Garth Brooks. Here's the video:



The only way to experience this song is live, here's the live version. On the following video, music plays for first 4:45 and then it's silence. Not sure why they left the video like that.



Warning: Paula Abdul returns to television tonight. She will be on the all new dance show, "Live To Dance". You know exactly like "American Idol", except they dance instead of sing? I'm wondering how long will this show last? I can't see it lasting more than 6 or 7 episodes. I'm sure Paula Abdul is a very nice person, but someone I want to watch on TV? No thanks!

Two of my favorite shows are starting to experience a downturn. I watched "Hawaii Five-O" last night, that episode was a bit of snoozer. At about the halfway point of the show last night, I thought it was over. That's how slow moving it felt. The stories are too similar. It's like the Penn Cage books, there's a lot of conspiracies going on. The heroes run into really bad guys who can never seem to be able to shoot the good guys. The good guys are at the center of these conspiracies. And it's only them that can bring down these vast conspiracies. They also seem to be the only ones that know about the conspiracies or at least the only ones that have the courage to bring them down.

The other show that's downing me a bit is "No Ordinary Family". This show started out really strong, I really liked all the characters. I still like all the quirky characters, however the stories are too similar. That quickly gets very boring week after week. Also these are some very smart characters, yet they keep on making stupid mistakes. Then they spend the rest of the episode fixing that mistake. "No Ordinary Family" resumes tonight and I'm not certain if I'm going to watch it.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites