Saturday, January 8, 2011

iPhone finally coming to Verizon

Hello,

Although it's not official yet, although it will be on Tuesday, but the iPhone is finally going to Verizon. Apple first approached Verizon in 2005 about carrying the iPhone on it's network. Verizon Wireless stupidly said "no". According to the November 15th, 2010 Fortune magazine, Verizon "felt that Apple and CEO Steve Jobs wanted too much control over how and where the devices would be sold- and too big a cut of the monthly service fees".

I thought that was very short sighted of Verizon, apparently they didn't understand the high quality of Apple products. They didn't understand how they would have benefited from that collaboration. They didn't realize how loyal Apple fans (they are fans not customers) are. Apple fans followed the iPhone to AT&T, even though there were many complaints about AT&T's poor network.

I'm glad Verizon finally realized their stupidity and the iPhone is coming to their network. It's a marriage that should have started 5 years, the best phone on the best network. While I think this is a good idea, I still am not going to get an iPhone or any other phone. I just want to say how much I love my iPod though. I also hope some day I can afford a Apple laptop computer.

Songs I highly recommend to add to your collection: Taio Cruz's "Dynamite" Unfortunately this is a typical sexist video:



Anberlin's "Pray Tell":



I don't drink but I understand the sentiment of this song all too well. Merle Haggard's "I Think I'll Just Stay Here and Drink".



Reel Big Fish's "Sell Out": I love the horns on this song.



Sarah Borges "The Day We Met":



The amazing Nelly Furtado's, "One Trick Pony":



So sue me if you think this song is lame, but I love this song! Tiffany's "I Think We're Alone Now".



Tori Amos has had some great music and some crappy music, she's really a hit or miss artist. However this is one of her amazing songs, "Silent All These Years".



The above and this song are both off of her debut CD "Little Earthquakes" This is Tori Amos' "Crucify":



Another song from that same CD, this song is "China". As you can hear this is an achingly beautiful song.



The final song from "Little Earthquakes" that I'll have here. This is Tori Amos's "Winter":



Depeche Mode's "Strangelove":



One of the most beautiful songs of all-time, as well as heartbreaking. This is The Platters' "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes".



One final one, this musician will finally be releasing new music. This is James Blunt's "So Long Jimmy":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites