Saturday, January 29, 2011

Under appreciated songs continued, The best days of my life

Hello,

I rode my exercise bike today and it was a battle. Once I was done I'm glad I had forced myself to do it. I really need to lose weight. But I'm also glad because my iPod has several hundred great songs on it and I'm always reminded of how many great songs there are out in the world. In the midst of writing the best days of my life, I'm going to include some under appreciated songs. The following is a great, great song. This song is also an example of why I download every song I possibly can. If I hadn't downloaded this song, I highly doubt I would have heard it. That would have been sad as this song is a Top 500 song. It's one of the catchiest, most dance worthy song ever recorded.



The following list contains the best 7 days of my life, I'm sure I'm missing a few days that my memory will eventually dredge up. At that point I then can update my list.

The best days #1-#4 are easily the days my kids were born. For their privacys sake, I'm not writing the days, but all 4 of those were good days. Days I'll never forget. Birth #1 was memorable because it was the first one. It was also the day that I changed my first diaper. After I left the hospital I drove back home and got some Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream to celebrate.

The next child's birth was memorable in how normal everything was. He's grown up the same way, for the most part he's a very non-dramatic child.

Child #3 was memorable for driving to the hospital on a snowy, winter's day. I still remember Nelly Furtado's "I'm Like A Bird" playing on the car radio. I actually had my daughter listen to that song this morning. An amazing song for my amazing daughter. I love this song so much already, but for even more because of all the good memories tied up with it. Also Nelly Furtado is one of my favorite singers. Like Alicia Keys, she doesn't get enough press.



Child #4 had a very dramatic birth in a bathtub. He's been a headstrong, dramatic child since then.

I love all 4 of my children very much and am glad when I can see them.

Day #5 was my wedding day. It was a hot June day, we were married in the Salt Lake City Temple. Although that marriage fell apart, that day was still amazing. We were surrounded by friends and family most of the day as we started our lives together. We went on to have 4 amazing children. The greatness of this day has dimmed a bit with the divorce, but overall am amazing day.

Day #6 was about March 3rd, 2010. That was the day I got fired from Verizon Wireless. I know you are wondering how was that wonderful? Well for one thing it ended one of the worst jobs I've ever had. Now there's nothing wrong with working at Verizon Wireless. They are a fairly good company to work for. However the job was horrible for me. Being on the phone 7.5 hours a day is no way to maintain mental sanity. Then VZW have all these ridiculous goals to squeeze every last cent they possibly could out of their customers. It just wasn't the right job for me.

Also me getting fired from that job was the final straw in my marriage. At the time it was painful, but looking back I'm grateful for that marriage ending. It was the right thing for both my ex-wife and I. As happens with many marriages, the marriage drug on from inertia for far too long.

That day started a turning point in my life. It got me out of a crappy job and I found a much better job just a month later. It also ended a terrible marriage and prompted me towards becoming a better person. I found a great counselor who helped me through many of my problems.

Then Day 7 was a great day, simply because of one of the greatest games I've ever seen. That was January 1st, 2008 when Boise State beat Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl. The game was full of great plays, trick plays, great trick plays. BSU started out dominating, then Oklahoma started to dominate and it looked like they were going to win the game. Then BSU came back to win, on such oft used plays like the hook and ladder and the statute of liberty play. That game had everything in a game that you could possibly want, if you were a BSU fan or at least cheering for them.

Those are the 7 best days of my life and a couple of under appreciated should be classic songs.
Thanks for reading,

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites