Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Update: Jimmy Marsh song from "Blue Bloods" (Updated 10/3/2014)

Hello,

Update: this has finally been confirmed. Thanks to "kitty lover" on Yahoo answers, we now know the name of this song. It is Jimmy Marsh's "Goin' Out Tonight". The CD is titled "Redemption", it was released on March 1st, 2012. The digital CD is available at amazon.com for $8.99. My thanks to "kitty lover".

It has been about 7 weeks since Jimmy Marsh's "We're Going Out Tonight" appeared on "Blue Bloods". My blog is still blowing up with people trying to find the answer to that question. If you go to google.com and type in: "release date of jimmy marsh "we're going out tonight", the top 4 results are all from my blog.

Since there is still a bit of a demand for an answer to this question, I've decided to do some research and give you an update. The update is there is no update. There's no release date that I can find for the song or any word about whether it's going to be on an upcoming CD. There's no new clips on youtube.com that weren't already on there before this song made its national debut. Also I only find one Jimmy Marsh item for sale on amazon.com. The actual CD isn't even in the amazon.com store. That suggests scarcity for this CD. The title of his only CD is "Feel My Passion". No, "We're Going Out Tonight" isn't on that CD. You can buy the MP3 CD for $8.99.

Under appreciated song of the day. This is Nu Shooz "I Can't Wait". This is just one of the many one hit wonders from the 80's. They only had one hit, but this truly is an amazing song. I love this video, it's characteristic of 80's videos. It just makes no sense, there's no theme and why oh why are there wrench's in this video? This is just a great, great song though.



As I'm writing this blog, just about 5 hours until BYU goes to war with SDSU in Provo. The game tips off about 10:00 EST. I haven't been this excited for a regular season BYU basketball game since? Get back to me on that answer, I'm not sure there's an answer. Do you realize the combined records in tonight's game of both teams is 39-1? I hope this isn't one of those games where one team comes out and blows out the other. Obviously I want BYU to win, but a thrilling close game would also be great.

The schedule isn't getting any easier for BYU after this game either, on Saturday they go on the road to play New Mexico in the Pit. In case you didn't know, The Pit is one of the most intimidating places to play in the nation. Realistically if BYU can split this two game series I'd be ecstatic. For them to win both that would be a dream, obviously if they lose both that's the worst case scenario.

Also Jimmer Fredette will be appearing on Pardon The Interruption today. Fredette is the best pro prospect from BYU probably since Danny Ainge.

Go Cougs!

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites