Saturday, January 1, 2011

The BCS strikes again! Let's hope college football survives this disaster

Hello,

Happy New Year's. I don't know about you but New Year's Day doesn't excite me in the least. I agree with the line from the U2 song, "Nothing changes on New Year's Day". Ain't that the truth. I was in bed a bit after 11:00 last night, the only reason I stayed up that long was because I was reading a mediocre book and I just can't give up on it at this point. (For those of you wondering it's Greg Iles "The Devil's Punchbowl". From what I've read so far I can't reccommend it.

For me two good things about New Year's Day, the first is I get it off from work. Reason 2: College football all day. There are two games that I'm most interested in. The first is the TCU-Wisconsin game, this should be a hard fought battle. I'm predicting TCU will win this game, but not by much. Although it would be funny to see TCU blow out Wisconsin in a rout. Wisconsin has run up the score on a lot of helpless teams this season, it's time for them to receive some payback. I hope a lot of the nation watches this game to see how good TCU is.

The second game I'm interested in is the UConn-Oklahoma game. The last I heard Oklahoma was a 17.5 point favorite, that's how little respect 8-4 UConn is receiving. Of course, when you are only 8-4 and won a very mediocre conference, how much respect do you deserve. I have nothing against UConn, other than they shouldn't be in a BCS conference game. I hope Oklahoma just destroys them. Oklahoma is 0-5 in their last 5 BCS games, so who knows?

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites