Thursday, March 24, 2011

Bigfoot Captured on film in North Carolina!, Sweet Sixteen: Go Cougars!

Hello,

First of all I just want to say, "Go Cougars".

Have you seen the latest Bigfoot video:



Did you enjoy that ridiculous video? Did you think for even one second it was real? No? Either did I. Why are things like this always happening in the South? I'm not going to make any jokes, but I'm sure other people will. Bigfoot apparently is alive and well in North Carolina. For some reason they call him Knobby there. I made the mistake of going to youtube.com and catching a few of these Bigfoot videos. They range from being hilarious (Bigfoot crossing the Mexican border to escape the swine flu) to incredibly stupid (video's of people's feet trying to shake off tape) to unintentionally hilarious. Obviously the above video falls into the last department.

This video is obviously a fake and it's not even a good fake. This is a video that some drunk and bored people make. Thomas Byers of Shelby, NC is the guilty party, Byers taped this last night. I love that he happened to have his camera ready to take this video just as "Bigfoot" was right in front of him. The "actor" portraying Bigfoot is completely unbelievable. People left their comments and one wrote, it's not April 1st yet.

The whole article about this "sighting" is a perfect example of unintentional comedy.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Is-this-Bigfoot-118503409.html

Day 12 of the NFL Greedout. For those of you that are sad about that, I have some good news for you. This weekend in the NCAA Tournament, they go from the Sweet Sixteen to the Final Four. That means 10 games of hard fought basketball with great teams, great players and great coaches. More good news: One week from today is the start of the MLB regular season.

Speaking of things that have no legitimate video proof. The Knicks playing defense! Does anyone have video of this year's Knick team playing defense? The Knicks lost again last night, dropping to 7-10 since the Carmelo Anthony trade. I think Anthony was right in saying this team will be better next year. The Knicks will go out and get some better pieces to surround Anthony and Stoudemire. It's about time for them to receive media coverage of the 7th best team in the Eastern Conference though. By the way Denver won again last night, they are now 11-4 since the Carmelo Anthony trade. Maybe the Knicks whining about the mid season trade hurting them, maybe that's just incorrect. Is the real reason for their lack of chemistry is the fact that they have two black holes on their team? Stoudemire got off 20 shots last night, too bad for the Knicks he only made 6 of them.

I watched a bit of this game and one of the announcers said one of the most inane things I've ever heard. There was about 2 minutes left in the game, Orlando led by 5 points and was about to go to the foul line. The announcer said that New York was in a good position. Huh?

Tonight is Sweet 16 action from the NCAA Tournament. I have to work tonight so I'll miss both games played by the MWC teams. I'd like to see at least one of those teams win. SDSU-UConn should be quite a battle. Have the Aztecs got their nerves under control? Will they play looser, in other words like they did in the regular season? Can an Aztec actually hit an outside shot to open up the paint for Kawhi Leonard? This will be a hard fought game, I think SDSU just barely edges UConn. I have to admit this pick is made more with my heart than with my head.

Tonight's next game will be BYU-Florida, what a great battle this will be. Florida has a chip on their shoulder after losing to BYU last season. They are out to prove that they are a good team. BYU is also out to prove it's a good team and not just the Jimmer show. For BYU to advance, that's exactly what they'll have to do. Jimmer will get his usual 30 points probably. BYU winning depends on his teammates. I think tonight's key for the Cougars is Jackson Emery. He has to play as good as he did against Gonzaga for BYU to win, he's picked a good time to break out of his slump. I would like to see more of a productive game from Charles Abuou as well. No prediction here. I'll be thinking about this game and feeling nervous about it all day. Go Cougs!

Arizona-Duke as much as I would like to pretend that I think that Arizona has a chance, they don't. Arizona feel free to use this quote as motivation. I see Duke winning this game by 15-20 points, although I would love to be wrong. Come on Arizona, I would love to buy one of your hats if you somehow pull off the upset.

Butler-Wisconsin, two similar teams playing each other. In another very close game I see Butler edging Wisconsin. I think all of Butler's close victories will come into play here.

Under appreciated songs of the day.
1) "You Can All Me Al"- Paul Simon:



2) "You're So Cold"- Will Dailey This was a song that I got free from amazon.com. It's on the "90210" soundtrack. I was going to put the video here. However while there are several Will Dailey videos on youtube.com, there isn't one for "You're So Cold".

3) "United"- Judas Priest This is such a great song. I saw Judas Priest in concert back in the day and they were terrible. Also they didn't even play this song. Surprisingly this video only has 57 views.



This is a song that I absolutely love, but just have recently been reminded of. This is Miranda Lambert's "Kerosene". She's definitely a hottie and I love her shirt which says "Mama Tried". I love the nod to the old school singer Merle Haggard. Don't mess with Miranda!



After living in a lame small town, I really love this song.



I blogged about Waylon Jennings yesterday. The man deservedly is a legend. That made me think about his son, Shooter. I've only heard good things about Shooter's music, but I've never checked him out. However thanks to napster.com I'm listening to his music now. From what I've heard so far, I like him quite a bit. A shave and a haircut wouldn't hurt him though.



One more old school classic, I love this George Jones song, "He Stopped Loving Her Today". If this song even remotely applies to you, it's time you man up. Move on already!



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites