Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Elizabeth Taylor, Waylon Jennings, Carmelo Anthony tries to reassure Knicks fans

Hello,

For the under appreciated songs of the day, I'm going to stick with Waylon Jennings. He had so many classic songs. Sadly I think Waylon Jennings may be best known for singing the theme song for "The Dukes of Hazzard" TV series.

Well at least that show was able to capture him live:



The theme song from "The Dukes Of Hazzard":



This is my favorite part from "The Dukes of Hazzard", Catherine Bach wearing the famous Daisy Dukes. When I was younger she was a lot more attractive.



It's fine that people remember him that way, but the songs below are the way I remember him. Waylon Jennings is buried in Mesa, Arizona.



I love the message of this song: "Luckenbach, Texas"



Good Hearted Woman:



"Momma Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys":



I really relate to this song after being divorced for almost a year. I love that the song is sung with a sense of humor. "Lonesome, On'ry and Mean":



This is an extremely beautiful song and another amazing Waylon Jennings song: "Amanda":



"Only Daddy That Will Walk The Line":



Day 11 of the NFL's Greedout:

I know this greedout is going to be bad for the players financially, but it seems like it may also be bad in not giving them enough structured time. These spoiled athletes won't have that structure to fill up their lives. Instead of practice, weightlifting, film study etc. they'll be left to their own devices. Within the last week, two Dallas Cowboys have been in trouble with the law. First Bryan McCann was pulled over for driving intoxicated. McCann denies he was intoxicated at the time. Right! Now excellent wide receiver/ major head case Dez Bryant is in trouble. Bryant was issued a criminal trespass warning for his behavior at the NorthPark Center. He apparently has had several issues at this mall previously. He says he's going back to the mall today, he's obviously seeing how far he can push the boundaries.

In spite of a moronic owner, I love the Cowboys. They've been my team for as long as I can remember. However this team seems to attract and sign people that make terrible moral choices. From Hollywood Henderson to Michael "Do you know who I am". Irvin. From the infamous "White House" of the mid 90's, a place where they were free to practice any sort of debauchery they wanted, to Charles Haley's obsession with his own penis.

I'm sure you've noticed the other factor about these players, they all could play. I wish the Cowboys would shift more to players that are talented and also have good moral values. It wasn't a secret that Bryant had some issues before the Cowboys signed him. It has been embarrassing more than once to be a fan of the Cowboys. That's not because of their play on the field, but for their lack of values. I'm worried about what kind of trouble some of these spoiled rich boys are going to get into with unlimited time on their hands. To make it through the greedout unscathed, they need to have a good support system. I wonder how many players have a good support system.

Thanks to espn.go.com for the following: This is Carmelo Anthony responding to the Knicks losing 6 of 7 songs: "I believe, we believe that something will get turned around quickly," Anthony said when asked if the Knicks, losers of six of seven, can jell in the 12 games remaining in the regular season. "We have a little bit under a month to get this thing right to get ready for the playoffs. And right now, we're just figuring it out on the go. As long as we figure it out by the time the playoffs come, I'm not really too concerned about what's going on right now and how it's going on."

I love how he starts out with "I believe" and then it seems he realized he was suppose to be talking how the team was attempting to come together. Remember there is no i in team, but there's an i in impotent. That's what the Knicks are right now. Unless the Knicks first round opponent completely falls apart the Knicks playoff experience will be short lived.

Elizabeth Taylor died early this morning. She was one of those legendary actresses that I was more aware of rather than her work having a big impact on my life. The only movie of hers that I've ever seen is "Cat On A Hot Tin Roof". I saw that film more for the amazing writing of Tennessee Williams than for Taylor. Most of my memories of Elizabeth Taylor are for her times on the tabloids and all her marriages and divorces. That being said, R.I.P. Elizabeth Taylor.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites