Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hmm, maybe I was wrong, Hinder and Madonna

Hello,

Thanks to my friends at ESPN.com, I'm able to keep track of the NBA. It's minimal attention though as the NBA has become too greedy. It's been corrupted by the cult or corporate America. (Did you ever notice how similar the words corrupt and corporate are?) The Heat have been a team of streaks this season. Anyway the Heat continue one of their streaks, this is a downward streak. They've lost the first 5 games of this crucial 10 game stretch. Many people believe these 10 games will shape their destiny. Not only that but they've lost 4 straight games at home. Also their losing streak could continue. Their next games they play: The Lakers, Memphis, San Antonio, Oklahoma City, Atlanta and then play Denver in Miami. Heat fans, don't despair though as you could be a fan of the pathetic Utah Jazz.

Maybe I was wrong about the Heat beating the Knicks if they played in the playoffs. If those two teams play that might be one of the ugliest playoff series ever. I could definitely see that being a battle of attrition.

I've also written about my disdain for Chris Bosh, one of the most hyped players currently in the NBA. The third wheel on a two wheel bike. Bosh is now complaining about the shots he's not getting. This is what the genius Bosh said: "It is common sense, we can talk about it, but I think it's evident," Bosh said. "I just have to get it where I'm effective. I'm a big man. I can shoot the ball but I'm a big man. So I have to get it where big guys get it. Then I feel I can start helping out this team more."

I love how many times he referred to himself as "big man". He's definitely not thesaurus man. By the way the genius was 3 for 11 last night for a stupendous 7 points. But at least Bosh hustled and got a few rebounds, right? In 40 minutes of play, he grabbed 4 rebounds. In other words he grabbed 4 more rebounds than a dead man. I know the Heat have Bosh mostly up on the high post, but still only averaging a rebound every 10 minutes? He grabbed two less rebounds than Dwayne Wade. On the season Bosh is shooting 48% from the field and averaging 8 rebounds each game. He's definitely contributing. He does need to get use to being what he is and being happy about it. He's basically a highly paid role player. How good were your teams Bosh when you were the main man?

He's both hurt and helped by being teammates of Wade and James. He's helped as when a team sets up a defense against the Heat, obviously the focus is going to be Wade and James. Unless Bosh gets hot, playing tough defense on Bosh is probably an afterthought. Even if Bosh is hot, he still might be an afterthought. Would you rather have James or Wade slicing to the basket or Bosh shooting 18 foot jump shots? He's hurt by James and Wade in that if you are the Heat, who are you going to run plays for? Well of course James and Wade, two of the best players in the NBA right now. James is nearly unstoppable when he sets his mind to it, which I don't think is often enough. And I love Dwayne Wade, the silky smooth shooter. He's so fun to watch play. If I were the Heat, I would put Bosh on the low block and tell him to stay there. I still wouldn't run many plays for him. I would instruct him to get his shots off of offensive rebounds. Also if I were the Heat, in the off season I'd as quietly as possible trade Bosh Bosh for players that will be better support players to James and Wade.

Under appreciated songs of the day:

First this one from Hinder:



Then thanks to playing songs randomly on iTunes, this awesome song from Madonna:



Madonna looks amazing in this video, she was babelicious back in the day. I miss having all the great music now as we had in the 80's. Yes I know I'm old. Name the movie the above song is from. Don't worry if you can't, as it's from one of the worst 80's movies ever. That being the wretched "The Falcon and the Snowman".

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites