Friday, March 11, 2011

I love March Madness, and it's not even the NCAA Tourney yet.

Hello,

While I was writing my previous blog, 3 amazing games were going on. Again, I say there's only one true number one seed for the upcoming tournament, that's Ohio State. In a very competitive season they seem to be the only elite team. Thank goodness Evan Turner is in the NBA. Anyway Northwestern gave Ohio St. all they wanted before finally succumbing 67-61 in overtime.

Also Dayton exploded out to a big lead over Xavier and it looked like the game was over. Dayton was up by 17 points in the second half, but Xavier came back and took the lead. However Dayton hit two big free throws to win the game and Dayton beat 18th ranked Xavier.

But the most important of the three games to me was North Carolina-Miami. The Tar Heels had a hard time scoring and had too many turnovers as Miami roared to a big lead. I didn't think the Tar Heels were going to be able to come all the way back. Similar to the above game, North Carolina trailed by 19 points at one time. However this is where the similarities end as in this game, the team down by double digits was able to win the game. The amazing freshman Kendall Marshall drove the lane and found Tyler Zeller for the winning basket:



I'd love to see Maryland knock off the pasty gangsters of Duke today, but if not I would love to see the Tar Heels knock them off again. Of course that's still a couple of games away.

My team, BYU, plays their arch nemesis tonight and I'm very nervous about it. The Cougars had a tough battle with the also ran Horned Frogs yesterday and barely escaped. Now they play the team that gave them two of their three losses, New Mexico. I also think it will be a home crowd feel for the Lobos, as UNLV fans will be cheering against BYU. We are really seeing how much the loss of Brandon Davies hurts BYU in basketball. I don't think that BYU is going to win tonight.

I still think BYU sticking by it's policies is still the right move and I'm glad they allowed Davies to travel with the team. I'm guessing that means that Davies will be back next season.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites