Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Kick cancer's ass, Under appreciated Song of the Day

Hello,

I just want to mention that I found out yesterday that I have a friend who is battling cancer. I just want to let her know she's in my prayers. I'm not going to mention her name, lets call her Super Hot! Hey Super Hot kick cancer's ass!!

I'm at a loss what to write about today. Championship Week heats up today with the Big East starting up, with actually some significant games. R.E.M., "Glee" and Avril Lavigne have new CD's out today, haven't heard much about them yet. Thanks to my napster.com membership, I'll check those CDs out eventually.

The Jazz have completely fallen apart and looks like they've completely given up on the season. Since they would be irrelevant in the playoffs, there's no reason to make them. Al Jefferson is the only Jazz man that didn't receive the memo about giving up on the season. I didn't realize how much we would miss Deron Williams toughness and Jerry Sloan's toughness for that matter as well.

The Jazz played the over hyped Knicks last night and I thought the Jazz had a chance in this game. However the Jazz didn't show up at all and the Knicks dominated the game. This is the funny quote of the day: "We'll have nights that they're unstoppable," Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni said. (Thanks to espn.com.) Hey Mike, isn't that with happens with almost every NBA team. If I've got to go to battle, I wouldn't pick either Amare Stoudamire or Carmelo Anthony. My favorite moment from last night's game, Amare had just scored a basket. No one offered him a hand slap so he solicited one.

If the playoffs started today, New York would play the Heat. Does anyone really think that the Knicks will get past the Heat. Although it will be interesting to see the two teams who are using the NBA's newest strategy: get as many alleged superstars on your team possible. The term superstar is loosely used now days.

In the Western Conference, as always the Spurs and the Lakers will be tough. I expect Dallas to fall apart as they usually do. They won't get past the second round. Right now they'd play New Orleans in the first round. I think Dallas wins that match up, but it will be a battle.

With the Jazz relegated to the playoffs, I'll be cheering for the Oklahoma City Thunder in the playoffs. That is when I watch the NBA playoffs. Greed has destroyed that playoffs, expanding all the series to a best-of-7. What's next best-of-9 or how about a player dies from one of the teams?

The NCAA keeps on talking about expanding the NCAA Tournament, I'm so tired how greedy they are. If they really want to do something worthwhile why don't they make a playoff for college football. Get rid of the BCS and their fuzzy, self serving logic and have a playoffs. Could you imagine how much fun that would be?

While I'm at best, lukewarm to the NBA playoffs, I can't wait until the NCAA Tourney. I'm very excited about Championship Week. I'm nervous about how BYU will do in the MWC Tournament. I'll be keeping my eye on the Big East Conference, North Carolina, BYU, SDSU, UNLV and the USU Aggies. Like BYU, USU may have a once in a generation team as well. They should play Idaho in the WAC Semifinals, that's one of the three teams that beat the Aggies this year. The other two teams are BYU and Georgetown. I'll be cheering for the Aggies to smash Idaho.

Under appreciated song of the day:

Richard Marx ended up having a lot of wimpy songs, but his first song is a kick butt song. This is "Don't Mean Nothing":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites