Thursday, August 25, 2011

Steve Jobs, Greatest Hits

Hello,

Yesterday it was announced that one of the best ever business minds, Steve Jobs, would be stepping down effectively immediately as the CEO of Apple. I use the products that be was behind every day of my life. I'm not going into a list of all the amazing things he has done. I'd just like to talk about iTunes and the iPod. Digital music gets a bad reputation for not having high quality sound. I've never been an audiophile, but I love hearing music on my iPod. The sound is crystal clear and brings out many nuances of songs I've heard hundreds of times before. Just this morning I heard something from a song I had never heard before. I usually listen to iTunes about 10-15 hours a day, I love everything about it. I love the playlists, love being able to buy music from the iTunes store without leaving my bedroom, how it keeps track of counts of my listens etc. Not only that but two of my kids get their music from my iTunes.

While Apple or Steve Jobs isn't saying too much about his health, which is no surprise, I'm fearful of the worst. I'm not trying to be an alarmist but with Steve Jobs stepping down, I'm more than a little nervous about his long term prognosis. Also with the very secretive Jobs authorizing a biography, I think Jobs wants to secure his legacy. He will still be on Apple's Board of Directors. Even if he's never going to be behind another great Apple product, his vision has lead to some of the favorite things in my life.

Thanks Steve and Apple! Yes, I realize that many people think both of those are the same thing, but they aren't. Steve thanks for yours and Steve Wozniak's vision in starting Apple in a garage. Steve you'll be in my prayers to live a long and healthy life. I hope you and your wife grow old together and at least you'll be able to raise your kids until they are old enough to go out on their own.

Thanks to the generosity of my brother and sister-in-law I'll be without my laptop at work today. They are passing on a new to me laptop. Thanks J & L!! I just wanted to write up a quick blog writing about Steve Jobs. I also want to include videos for some of the greatest hits of all time.

While exercising this song came on my iPod and it made me think of Steve Jobs and the trials he and his family are going through. I dedicate this to Steve Jobs. Thanks again Steve. This is just an amazing, beautiful and poignant song.



Whatever happened to this band, I love this song!



Can anyone ever argue the absolute greatness of this song?



I remember this song playing as we drove to the hospital for the birth of our daughter. It's also an amazing song. Nelly Furtado rules! I dedicate this song to my daughter. I love you!



This is from one of the greatest debut CD's ever, "Raw Like Sushi". Neneh Cherry's amazing "Buffalo Stance":



Oh man do I love the Smiths and this amazing song. Why didn't my brother get me into this band back in the day. Although when I was a teenager I really didn't understand this kind of music, so it's not his fault.



Could the Commodores do anything wrong in the 70's. One of their many great songs from that decade. Again this is such a beautiful song. If this song doesn't move you, you are dead.



This isn't the most obvious Billy Idol song, but this might be my favorite of his songs:



Alas I've run out of time. I also wanted to include The Police's "Synchronicity 2", "Today 4U" from "Rent", "The Lion Sleeps Tonight", Paula Abdul's "Straight Up", Dire Straits "Money For Nothing" and "Romeo and Juliet".

Have a great day, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites