Monday, August 22, 2011

Final update for the song from "Blue Bloods" episode "After Hours", 3D movie sales continue to tank

Hello,

I've had people ask me many times about the song from the "Blue Bloods" episode "After Hours". Thus I've followed up on it. However this will be the last time I follow up on it. Out of the hundreds of things I've written about on this blog, the most visited blog entries have been the songs on the "Blue Bloods" episode December 3rd, 2011. After much research by me and others it was determined the name of one of the songs was "We're Going Out Tonight". It is sung by Jimmy Marsh. Despite the massive exposure the song received, it is still relatively obscure.

I also received questions about other songs that appear later in the show. Thanks to Comcast On Demand, I was finally able to watch that episode again last night. From what I can tell there were three additional songs played in the "After Hours" episode.

1) From what I could tell the lyrics were something like "can't get the best of me, run like you've never seen, whole city...." Usually on google.com one can find almost any song if all they do is put a line of the lyric from the song. I googled the above lyrics. I even broke up the lyrics, but still wasn't able to find anything that told me the names of these songs.

2) The second song had lyrics that sounded like "bouncing on the walls, move like I do". The lyric also could be "bouncing off the walls". But again I couldn't find any songs matching the lyrics. Both searches brought up songs with similar sets of words, but neither were the songs played on "After Hours".

3) The last song that played on that episode I didn't have to google, it's a classic by the Commodores. It's the absolutely great "Brick House". The version playing in the background seemed to be a dance mix of "Brick House". As the Commodores sing "36-24-36 what a winning hand". Here's the original:



Thankfully the greedy and lame 3D technology continues to fall out of favor with the general public. From ew.com today about this weekend's box office results:

"After those two holdovers ("The Help", "Rise of the Planet of the Apes"), the rest of the box office looks pretty grim, as all four new releases debuted to awful numbers. Notably, three of these new releases — Spy Kids: All the Time in the World in 4D, Conan the Barbarian, and Fright Night — were released in 3-D. In fact, every movie from third to seventh place at the box office is a 3-D release, and of those five films, only The Smurfs is really doing well." (BTW the 4D smellorama gimmick thing was stupid. There are 8 places in the movie where the audience is suppose to scratch a card and it will produce a smell that goes with the scene being shown. As you would expect that didn't work at all. All the smells on the card smelled the same.)

"These three box office disappointments beg the question: Did the fact that they were released in 3-D actually cause them to do worse business? We’ll never be able to know for sure, but it’s clear that 3-D is not currently thriving like it used to.

The 3-D format proved exciting and fresh to audiences when it first resurged in 2008 and 2009, helping movies like Journey to the Center of the Earth, Monsters Vs. Aliens, and Avatar find success, but audiences have recently exhibited a preference against the technology, which jacks up ticket prices (and, according to many, worsens the moviegoing experience) substantially. Despite a higher availability of 3-D venues versus two years, grosses from 3-D theaters have been down this summer, and I have to wonder whether movies like Conan, Spy Kids, and Fright Night would actually have earned more if they hadn’t been associated with 3-D at all. Thoughts? Either way, between the weak 3-D performances this weekend and the underwhelming opening of Glee: The 3D Concert Movie last weekend, I wonder whether Hollywood will take a good, long look at whether they really want to commit more dollars to a technology that seems increasingly unpopular."

Dallas Cowboys update: The Boys played their second preseason game yesterday and lost to San Diego 20-7. Since it's the preseason I'm not overly concerned. However I see no reason to raise my expectations for Dallas's season and Tony Romo's performance this season. He played three possessions last night and was solid. Romo completed 8 of 12 passes, I'd be very happy with that completion percentage during the regular season. After all not all incomplete passes are the quarterback's fault. Receivers do drop passes and occaisonally quarterbacks need to throw the ball away. However in a steady performance Romo did have one bad Romo like moment from the past. His only interception was when he threw into triple coverage. Triple coverage? What's the best case scenario in that situation? What's the worst case scenario and what is more likely to happen? The main thing that drives me crazy about Romo is his sometimes poor decision making process. At that point he should have thrown the ball away and live to fight another day.

As much as I'm excited about the Jake Heaps era at BYU, I dread the last few years of the Tony Romo era at Dallas. For me Dallas can't get rid of Romo quick enough. I will continue to use my blog as a way to encourage Dallas to move forward with a new quarterback. I sort of expected that Dallas would end up with Terelle Pryor in today's supplemental draft.

themusicaddict

1 comment:

Justin M said...

I know if i have a choice, i will always pick 2D over 3D.

Favorites