Thursday, August 18, 2011

Taylor Swift, People Who Need To Go Away

Hello,

"Dearly beloved we are gathered here today to get through this thing called life". What a great song.

Welcome to Blog 935 of themusicaddict.

As you know I'm a big sports fan. One of the many websites I have up all day everyday is espn.com. I love that website and am constantly on it. Two names I'm sick of hearing from ESPN.com and others (Colin Cowherd was talking about him on his program this morning)are Tiger Woods and Tim Tebow. Tiger Woods please just go away, at this point he's just becoming a parody of himself. I have a special request for the the Denver Broncos, please just let Tim Tebow be the starting quarterback for the first few games of the season. We can see if he'll be any good, he won't, and then he can go back to being a non-story. I'm not a big fan of Scam Newton either. But when I hear about him at least he's playing well.

The countdown is on until my two middle kids and I go see Taylor Swift on September 28th in Salt Lake City. I've loaded up my iPod with 28 of her songs, so I can get more familiar with her newer music. As usual most of it is good. Taylor I just want to say you write great songs, are very attractive and are a very good singer. However Taylor I ask you please don't perform the below song, this is one of your few boring songs.

"You're Not Sorry":



It seems she's not playing the song on her current tour. I would really like her to sing the below song though, although she hasn't been singing this song either.

"Should've Said No":



This video has much better sound:



Prince's "Let's Go Crazy":



Other news and notes: The greed fest continues in 3D movies. Usually a great indicator if a movie is going to be bad is if it's in 3D. The movie studios know it's bad so it's released in 3D. With the opening weekend box office so important now, movie studios realize a large amount of their income comes then. In order to maximize profit, studios add 3D and charge $2 more per ticket. The movie usually tanks after the first weekend, but the movie studios were able to maximize what could have been a complete liability. August is generally a month when bad movies are also dumped in.

With those two factors I know that "Shark Night" and "Fright Night" are both going to be bad. "Fright Night" was bad in the 80's, I couldn't get through it a few weeks ago. The new Colin Ferrell version looks awful as well. That movie was so bad in the 80's that I don't remember hearing about it back then. I was a big fan of 80's movies. "Fright Night" doesn't look any better now.

Other August movies that look terrible: "Conan The Barbarian" and "One Day". "Conan" looks awful in every way. From the alleged actor playing Conan the Boringman to the over the top special effects. It seems another story where there's a lot of action in hopes of hiding the fact that there's very little story. Then "One Day" has received terrible reviews, which is disappointing to me. That's because I read the book and the book was amazing. I loved the two main characters and really thought it was a poignant book. Skip the movie, but definitely read the book.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites