Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I Love the MLB Network!, Great Songs!

Hello,

Last night after a long and boring day at work I drove home. I wanted to watch some TV. I chose to watch the MLB Network. I'm glad I did as they showed many of my favorite teams. As long time readers of this blog know I follow 5 MLB teams. They are the Dodgers, Cubs, Red Sox, Braves and the Pirates. As I ate dinner I was able to see the end of the Atlanta-San Francisco game. I watched the last couple of innings of that game. For the second straight night the Braves won in walk off fashion. In the bottom of the 11th the Braves rallied again. Martin Prado ended the game with his two out walk off single.

When that game was over MLB Network switched to the Chicago-Houston game. It was in time to see the Cubs Tyler Colvin hit his 5th home run of the season. Thankfully that was all I saw as the Cubs alleged closer Carlos Marmol choked yet again. He gave up a pinch hit walk off grand slam in the bottom of the 9th. Although Marmol has been pitching better of late, he saved his last 9 games, this was his 8th blown save of the season. I'm sorry that's not good enough. The Cubs need to rid themselves of a lot of their over priced, under performing players asap. There are still 14 days in the waiver deadline period and Chicago you aren't going anywhere. If you can't get rid of your dead weight now please do so after the season is over. Of course bad signings, trades, inept offense, head cases and blown saves are what makes the Cubs the Cubs. Although LA currently has a terrible owner, there's hope for the Dodgers. Once Frank McCourt is gone the Dodgers could have a bright future.

Next the MLB Network switched to the Dodgers-Brewers game. They showed a few minutes of that game as LA looked like their usual, mediocre selves. There's no shame in losing to the hot Brewers though. Milwaukee is absolutely on fire, having won 18 of 20 and steamrolling their opposition.

Finally the MLB Network went to Pittsburgh in time to see Pittsburgh's Garrett Jones hit a massive home run. It was fun to see that home run. Since the Pirates have been so bad for so long, their fans aren't jaded. The crowd was loud when Jones' home run left PNC Park. The ball bounced out of the stadium and landed in the Allegheny River. In the top of the 11th inning Andrew McCutchen robbed Albert Pujols of at least a double with a magnificent catch. Those are the kind of moments I absolutely enjoy as a sports fan. Pittsburgh won a couple of crucial games, but they still are way out of the playoffs. They trail Milwaukee by 13 games in the NL Central and they trail the Braves by 13 games in the NL Wild Card.

Thanks MLB Network, it was good to see almost all of my teams play. Of course with the Red Sox such a big MLB brand name I'm able to see them usually once or twice a week.

That was an awesome hour of TV.

Now for some good songs (as always brought to you by my iPod):

Madonna's "Causing A Commotion":


I'm guessing the following video cost about 50c to make. Del Amitri's "Roll With Me":


I love both of these rolling songs:


With that outfit I'm guessing Lionel Richie just left "The Planet of the Apes" film set. This is truly one of the greatest bands of the 70's, who had some of the The Commodores "Easy".


The Power Station's "Some Like It Hot":


Finally the extended version of The Power Station's "Get In On (Bang A Gong)":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites