Thursday, May 24, 2012

Go Heat!, 20 Minutes of Monkeys?



Hello,

Thinking about tonight's Game 6 between the Indiana Pacers and the Miami Heat, for some reason Michael Buffer came to mind:



It's going to be a tense and charged atmosphere at tonight's game. Indiana's home court, whose name I won't mention as it's too lame, will be rocking. There will be 18,000 fans ready to rock. Things will be even more tense with the Pacers fighting for their playoff lives. The Heat will be looking to closeout the Pacers and prepare to beat the Boston Celtics. The Heat came up big in Games 4 and Game 5. But it's said that closeout games are the hardest to win. With how chippy and physical this series has become, it might even be harder for than the typical closeout game. The Heat need to come out and punch the Pacers in the mouth (not literally) and take away their desire to win. If they can do that the Heat should win tonight's game. I do expect a tight and close game throughout, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Heat pull away a bit at the end.

I look forward to a hard fought and intense game. I'm glad I'm not a ref tonight. They will probably be over reactive to keep things in control.

Speaking of the Celtics, how would of the refs called a Lakers-Celtics NBA Final? Both teams get a bunch of calls, would the refs know what to do? By the way thank you Boston and Philadelphia for having a 7 game series to add a little more excitement to the playoffs. It's too bad that whoever wins this series is irrelevant as the Heat will roll though them like a steamroller.

Anyway today marks the two year anniversary of my divorce being finalized. I've had a lot of mixed emotions about this anniversary. I was pretty excited at my first anniversary, I was glad to get that first sometimes dark year behind me. But today there has been a bit of mourning, even though I know that we shouldn't be married. I know it's hard to explain. But on this anniversary day the below song explains how I feel better than I can.



However that being said there's no reason to linger in the past. Looking forward this is my song:



Okay so I tried again to watch "2001: A Space Odyssey" last night. Can I just say it still doesn't make any sense to me. This movie also could have used a lot of editing. Do we really need the 20 minutes of scenes at the start of the movie from The Dawn of Man? Not to mention those have to be the worst monkey costumes ever. If they were trying for monkey costumes that looked like there was a human inside, they got it. I was so bored that I stopped watching the movie about 2/3rds of the way through. However this movie does have some amazing music like the below:



Here's some of the 20 minutes of monkeys in "2001: A Space Odyssey":



How about some Wagner, "Ride of The Valkyries". This music was used very effectively in "Apocalypse Now":



Here are some great songs. I'll probably get my man card taken away for liking this song. However this is really a great and upbeat song. The band is We Are The In Crowd, the song is "Kiss Me Again":



From the former Go Go:



In one of the Facebook groups that I'm in, someone asked for silly songs. Perhaps not so strangely this song came to mind:



I really, really love this song:



Go Heat, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites