Friday, May 18, 2012

What will the Heat do? Can the Thunder Go Up 3-0

Hello,

Heard this song this morning, just a great, great song that I don't think about enough:



Since I was at work I missed the Heat-Pacers Game 3 last night. However I did catch the post mortem on sports radio though. Although it seems many are Heat haters, I'm not one of those people. I love to watch the Heat, especially the amazing Dwayne Wade. Although he had a miserable game last night, I don't think anyone questions his heart or desire. He has won a ring after all. He's battling injuries, but if they allow I predict a much better in Game 4.

I predicted the Heat would win this series without any trouble. In fact, I wouldn't have been surprised by a sweep. With the Heat grabbing a fairly easy victory in Game 1, I thought they were on their way. Of course that was before Chris Bosh was injured near the end of Game 1. I'm not sure what an abdominal strain is exactly, but it looks like it hurts. Without him in Game 2, the Heat still had a chance to tie that game. LeBron James fell back on the bad LeBron James from last season. He acted like he didn't want the ball. When he caught the ball in crunch time he got rid of it as quickly as possible. With the game on the line he threw that pass to Wade who was on a curl play. I think LBJ could have earned himself a decent shot, but he didn't want that responsibility at all. His expectations he raised on "The Decision" I think are weighing him down now. But his fear of the criticism for missing the big shot is paralyzing him.

Does Chris Bosh really make that big of a difference? It would seem. I heard Tim Legler state very eloquently how important it is for the Heat offense for Bosh to hit the 17 footer on a consistent basis. But why does it have to be him, why can't it be Mike Miller or Shane Battier? It must have to do with match ups or because Bosh is so tall he can get that shot anytime he wants.

Sunday's game is a great test for the Heat. How will they react? Have they already checked out of this season and are just planning their summer vacations now. This is the perfect opportunity for the Heat to truly show the heart and character they have. Almost literally this team has it's back against the wall. Will they stand up and fight or shrink into the corner? The same question needs to be asked of LBJ. It's time for LeBron James to live up to his full potential. It's time for him to shoot the last shot. It's time for him to stop "deferring" to his teammates. That always sounded like an excuse to me. Damn it you're LeBron James! Demand the ball and the last shot. Don't let your coach call the play for anyone else. If he does, ignore him and take the rock to the rack. You are a combination of the most powerful and graceful basketball players ever. Act like it. Do not shrink at the time that your team needs you most. Do not go gentle into that good night! Let all your past failures and wilting fuel you. Show that heart of a champion and that eye of the tiger.



What is he so scared of? If he misses the final shot, he misses it. Big deal. For LBJ missing the big shot is so much better than not shooting it all. LeBron it's time to show the world what you are truly made of. I'm looking so much to Game 4, will the Heat show they are men or boys?

Another game I'm looking forward to is tonight's Game 3 between the Thunder and Lakers. I've loved watching this series. In game two I almost gave up on the Thunder with about 2 minutes left, I'm glad I stuck it out. I thought the game was in the bag for the Lakers, but the Thunder scored the game's final 9 points and stole the victory. Which loss hurts worse for the Lakers? Is it getting blown out on tired legs in Game 1? Or is it blowing an almost sure victory in Game 2?

If Oklahoma City wins tonight will the Lakers have any fight left at all? I know that Kobe will because he's a hell of a competitor. The one I'm really wondering about is Andrew Bynum. I've heard the rumors that LA may trade Bynum to Orlando for Dwight Howard. I would like to know is which team would want either? I know that both have the capability of being all-time great players. They have the skills to achieve that, but do they have the heart? I do wonder how much either player wants to be truly great. If Howard REALLY wants to be an all-time great he has to shoot better than 50% from the free throw line. He should be embarrassed everyday how bad of a free throw shooter he is. All good free throw shooting is a lot of work and practice. The fact that he's such a terrible free throw shooter shows how little he cares. He should be in the gym each day shooting at least a couple hundred free throws a day.

I get that Andrew Bynum is immature, but he has to dig into himself deeper to become an all-time great. If he has the heart and the pride, all he has to do is to follow Kobe Bryant's example. I do realize there are hundreds of hours of hard work in that "all". And you know that Kobe wants him to be great as well. Andrew Bynum there are no more excuses left. It's put up or shut up time.

Now I loved that it looked like LA was going to win Game 3. It's worth it seeing Kobe throw the terrible pass that was intercepted by Kevin Durrant and turned into an easy dunk. I love watching Thabo Sefolosha's suffocating defense on Kobe, especially since the refs let them play. Sefolosha also added two big three-pointers to keep Kobe playing honest defense. I love having Ron Arrest back especially since he's such a horrendous shooter. I also laughed when he flopped after Harden accidentally hit him in the face. I love Karma.

For the Lakers to win this series, they have to win 4 of the final 5 games. They would have to win at least one game in Oklahoma City in front of their raucous fans. Can LA do it? Yes. Will they do it? No!
I look forward to tonight's game and hope that the Thunder win, putting a chokehold on the series and the Lakers. Go Thunder!

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites