Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Heat-Celtics, Great New Music From Rascal Flatts and Haley Reinhart And Others

Hello,

Not that anyone should be surprised by the result of last night's Heat victory over the Celtics. The Heat are clearly the better team. The dynamic duo of LeBron James and Dwayne Wade is just too much for the old Celtics to handle. And that duo was amazing last night for the Heat. James and Wade combined for 54 points, 16 rebounds and 10 assists. They also did combine for 7 turnovers. I love watching Wade play so much. He's just so amazing with the so many things he can do on the basketball court. From his shooting off one foot bank shot, to a no look rifle whipped pass to Joel Anthony to his slicing up the middle of the Celtics defense. The Celtics like to grab and hold a lot, but they can't do that if they can't catch the Heat.

I expect to see this series end in no more than 5 games, if the Heat getting really motivated they could sweep. I'm not sure what Rajon Rondo means by his comment of "hit the deck", but I don't think he frightens many Heat players. And when the Pacers tried to play more physical, the only thing that did was fire up the Heat even more. After the Pacers caused the Heat to "hit the deck", the Heat retaliated. Not only did they hit back, but they closed out the Pacers with much prejudice.

That being said I just don't know if someone is going to be able to knock off the Spurs this season. They just seem like they are on a mission to steamroll to a NBA title. However that's not something I want to see. The last major championship I was interested in was last season's NBA Finals. Then I had to watch the boring Mavericks win the whole thing. Yawn. I also didn't care about the World Series or Super Bowl because I wasn't interested in either team.

One of the CD's I bought via legalsounds.com was the new Rascal Flatts CD "Changed". I like many of that bands songs and the CD was only 99c, so I bought it. They've had many classic songs in their careers and it doesn't seem they'll be running out of them anytime soon. I'm glad I bought "Changed" as it is very, very good. I highly recommend any fan of good music to buy "Changed". Here's a selection of songs from that amazing CD.

This video features one of the hottest looking banjo players ever. "Banjo" is one of the best songs on "Changed":



"Hot In Here":



"Hurry Baby":



Haley Reinhart has released her first CD "Listen Up". It's a decent CD, but the thing I love most about it is her amazing voice. I'm still not sure how the sexy, big voiced Reinhart lost out to the dreary Scotty McCreery for last season's "AI" crown. I actually liked Lauren Alaina, but I don't think she was better than Reinhart. Of course "American Idol" had an agenda. They wanted who they thought the singer with the most commercial appeal would be to win the competition. Why they picked McCreery for that I have no idea. It would have been ridiculous if Haley hadn't beat out the Adam Lambert wanna be James Durbin.

And do you remember when "AI" was hyping all the "talent" last season? Then the winner is McCreery, fourth place went to James Durbin and then 5th place went to the incredibly lame Jacob Lusk. Besides the "AI" tour and having McCreery shoved down our throat, have you heard much from the other two?

The below song "Free" really highlights how amazing her voice is. I'd love to hear the story what prompted this song to be written. Her voice sounds similar to both the amazing Adele and Amy Winehouse, which should only be interpreted as a compliment.



"Now That You're Here" (Live) What an amazing voice? Can she breathe in those pants though? Here's Haley again:



"Wasted Tears":



Currently I'm reading the Arthur C. Clarke book "2001: A Space Odyssey". Although I think the movie of the same name is beyond belief weird, I still felt parts of it was intriguing. I didn't even watch the entire movie, it's just too slow moving. It seriously needs a good bit of editing. The book and the movie are very similar from what I've read and seen so far. I'm just wondering do all the various stories come together in a cohesive whole at the end? If I remember right the end of the movie made no sense to me the first time I watched it. In both there's the story of Moon-Watcher, the story of Dr. Heywood Floyd and then the story of Hal the computer. What does the black slab have to do with all of them? What do all the individual stories have to do with each other? Why did Clarke write this as a novel, instead of a series of short stories. It does come off as a short story collection.

Just a couple of miscellaneous thoughts. I was so excited for the fifth season of "Mad Men" to start this season. I rather enjoyed the first two episodes as well, but since then this show has deteriorated. It's got to the point where it's not my number one priority to watch on Sunday nights. On Sunday I watched the first "Underworld" movie, Kate Beckinsdale looks amazing in her skin tight leather outfit. Then last night I chose to watch the first game of the Eastern Conference Finals. Although "Mad Men" isn't as good as it use to be, I plan on watching it tonight. I also still have the two final episodes of the very solid, though now cancelled, "Awake" to watch.

Finally I love how much of a fun ride that the Dodgers are on. They are rolling, currently they have the best record in MLB. They are 32-16, having won two-thirds of their games. They also have a 88.7% chance of making the playoffs. Matt Kemp and Magic Johnson are the latest cover of Sports Illustrated. Also the Dodgers did fairly well without Matt Kemp, they went 9-5 in the games he was out with an injury. However I'm glad he's eligible to come off the DL today. Currently ESPN has the Dodgers ranked as the #1 team in their MLB rankings. That's due to their great record and how many games they lead the second place Giants by. The Dodgers are just completely dominating the mediocre NL West. They lead second place San Francisco by 6.5 games and third place Arizona by 10.5 games. Things are good in Dodgerland now!

I was with my kids this last weekend. After awhile I got sick of listening to my daughter's current pop music. I started flipping around the station and stumbled across Rewind 100.7. As you can tell by the radio station's name these are songs that are a bit older. They are mostly songs from the 80's and 90's. So the below songs are a selection of songs that I've heard recently on that radio station or other great songs I've heard lately.

I'll start off with the Kinks "Paronoia":



I love this song, but I'm a bit disturbed that I've already heard this song twice in the limited time I have listened to Rewind 100.7. There are so many great songs from the 80's and 90's that repeats shouldn't be very frequent. That's especially if they go beyond many of those songs that honestly have been over played. For every time they play "Sledgehammer", they should play a "White Lines". That will help keep their mix much more fresh.

This is Tommy Tutone's "867-5309/ Jenny":



I love this song, I wonder if this is the kind of song they'll play on Rewind 100.7? I've only listened to that station for only a hour or two.



The Darkness "I Believe In A Thing Called Love":



One more song from the best decade for music, the 80's, this is The Power Station:



Today's final song is from the amazing band Paramore, this is "Ignorance":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites