Thursday, May 3, 2012

Songs involving People or People's Names, Jazz Playoffs: Sigh

Hello,

Hannah Storm showed up this morning in a figure clinging purple dress on ESPN's Sports Center. Wow! No one has the right to look this good so early in the morning. This might be the same dress she was wearing this morning.



Last night the Jazz were beaten about as bad as a team can be beaten. That was quite possibly one of the ugliest playoff losses ever. They were destroyed by the ruthlessly efficient San Antonio Spurs 114-83. This is why I didn't want my Jazz to make the playoffs, they are just not in the same league as the Spurs. Not only are they getting humiliated but they'll get a lesser pick in the NBA Draft. Karl Malone says that each playoff game counts as 10 regular season games. Let's hope so, because other than that the Jazz aren't gaining much from these playoffs.

Teams have had vastly different results in these playoffs when they are without a star. We all know how much of a crippling blow the Bulls took when Derrick Rose was lost for the season. The Bulls first full game after losing Rose for the season was a beat down at the hand of the Sixers 109-91. That game was played in Chicago. The Celtics played Wednesday night without Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo and won. (The same game where Paul Pierce tebowed.) The Celtics were also playing on the road.

Tonight's Heat-Knicks game should be interesting. The Knicks are without Jeremy Lin, Iman Shumpert and Amare Stoudemire. I honestly don't consider the Knicks, without Stoudemire, as much of a loss for them. He can't even beat a fire extinguisher in a fair fight. But the Heat will probably be without Chris Bosh. I don't care who plays or doesn't play tonight, I still expect the Heat to win tonight's game. The Knicks have a chance to break a NBA playoff record tonight. If they lose they will set the record for most consecutive playoff losses- 13. Good luck Knicks, that couldn't happen to a more deserving team. I only wish I could watch it, but I'm grateful for my job.

Finally, the Braves-Phillies had a wild game last night. Atlanta ended up winning 15-13, yes it was a baseball game. 40 year old, and playing in his last season, Chipper Jones hit the walk off home run in the bottom of the 11th inning. With that victory the Braves improved to 15-10. More importantly they broke the Phillies 8 game winning streak over the Braves. (Although in an afternoon game today, Philly resumed their winning ways over Atlanta. Philadelphia has really owned the Braves the last couple of years.)

Congrats to the Angels Jered Weaver for pitching the second no-hitter this season. I had the pleasure of seeing him play for the Angels Triple A affiliate in Salt Lake. He looked great in that game and I'm not surprised by how well he's doing.

Today's song theme involves people or people's names. I thought of this idea after hearing "Jane Says" and "Mr. Brownstone" while exercising this morning. Speaking of working out hearing "Paradise City", "Welcome To The Jungle" and "Mr. Brownstone" can power an amazing workout. Thanks Steve Jobs and everyone else at Apple responsible for the amazing iPod.

Besides a name my only other criteria is the song has to be amazing. While I did think of songs like "Biko" and "Arnold Layne", neither is a favorite of mine.

I would also like to thank my friends and fellow music lovers on the Facebook group "Share Music With Friends".

I have a cute girl on my mind lately:



As I'm working on this blog, I've noticed how few songs mention men's names. This is one of the few I found: "Henry The 8th". I love this goofy song:



The amazing Simon and Garfunkel and "Mrs Robinson":



Rod Stewart's "Maggie May":



Hall and Oates "Sara Smile":



Boston's "Amanda":



John Denver's "Annie's Song":



This is an amazing and beautiful song, "My Cherie Amour":



Steve Perry's "Oh Sherrie":



Toto's "Rosanna"



Honestly I'm not a big fan of the original "Layla", but this version is amazing:



I'm only posting this because I love the Minions, they are hilarious:



Now here's the real version by The Beach Boys. On their 50th anniversary tour, they are playing 2.5 hours and singing 42 songs.



To be fair here are a few songs using men's names:

Guns N' Roses "Mr. Brownstone": (okay Mr. Brownstone isn't actually a person):



Motley Crue's "Dr. Feelgood":



This song is amazing live. Pearl Jam's "Even Flow", yup Even Flow is a person:



Jane's Addiction's "Jane Says":



You never know what you'll find on youtube. This is a band named Nightwish. Wow, this actually is kind of cool.



Regardless of genre, these are two of the best singers ever. This is the amazing Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman. Brightman's voice gives me the chills it's so amazing.



Sadly a band that never lived up to their potential, but this is an amazing song. The Knack's "My Sharona":



A couple of classics about the Jones family, first from the Counting Crows:



This is a very powerful song. Billy Paul's "Me and Mr. Jones":



Last but not least. Some say this song is annoying, but I love this song. It rocks and it's fun. Sadly the actual video for this song's embedding is disable by request. (Sarcasm alert: That's too bad I was going to monetize a nearly 30 year old video and become a very rich man.)



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites