Tuesday, May 15, 2012

NBA playoffs: The Thunder Rolls, themusicaddict's Greatest Hits

Hello,

Things that make you go hmm. The "X Factor" is adding Britney Spears and Demi Lovato as judges? Why? I didn't watch any of the first season of this show and this certainly won't make me care about the second season. And adding Howard Stern to "America's Got Talent", who is that suppose to bring to that show. Do you know anyone who listens to Howard Stern? I don't. I'm glad because I would have to question their judgment.

Now on to that very enjoyable Thunder-Lakers game last night. I loved seeing the Thunder kick azz all over the Lakers. I a 100% certified Lakers hater and I'm so tired of hearing about them. Even last night when it didn't matter, Kobe was still getting calls. What the hell? I stopped watching the game at the end of the third quarter when the Thunder were up by 30! That was so sweet. With 4 games in 6 days this series might be over on Saturday. I would love so much to see the Lakers get swept, although I don't think that is going to happen. Last night the lightning struck and the Thunder rolled:



I think the Lakers have been "Thunderstruck":

I also loved that the Celtics had that moving pick go against them and Kevin Garnett with about 10 seconds left in the game. Since Garnett was essentially mauling the 76er, that was the right call. I did love hearing Doc Rivers whine about it though.

As much as I'm excited by the Lakers-Thunder series, it's kind of a slow time for sports. Thankfully we also have Major League Baseball in full swing. To me MLB is probably the most fun sport to follow, although it isn't my favorite sport to watch. The soap opera in Boston is entertaining, talk about a team that just needs to shut up.  The Red Sox continue to do just enough to give their fans hope. In spite of that I don't see the Red Sox making the playoffs this year. There's just too much of a dark cloud surrounding them. Boston has won four in a row and lead 4-0 in the 6th inning in today's game. David Ortiz hit his 8th home run of the season. That's good and all, but what are the Red Sox stats?

Boston is still in last place in the AL East, 16-19 overall and only have a 30.1% chance of making the playoffs. Josh Beckett is pitching today for the Red Sox, how will the embattled Sox starter do? Of course, it would take a lot to do worse than the start of his season. Before today's game he was 2-4 with a 5.97 ERA. Through 6 innings he's doing fairly well. He had allowed no unearned runs and had 9 strikeouts.

On to the Dodgers, the team that has MLB's best record. LA is 24-11 and has a 85.4% chance of making the playoffs. LA has also won 5 games in a row. They lead the NL West's second place team, San Francisco, by 6 games. LA leads the Rangers by 1.5 games for best record in MLB. Matt Kemp is on the 15 day DL for his strained hamstring. After a torrid start, he had cooled down a bit. Let's hope his on field struggles were happening because of his injury. He still has fantastic stats but no longer leads in any of the NL Triple Crown categories.

Josh Hamilton still leads the AL in all Triple Crown categories. The triple crown stats are batting average, home runs and runs batted in.

I'm loving all the MLB action and the Thunder-Lakers series. But I do have one question for NBA players. Why are they wearing intentionally nerdy glasses at press conferences and at their lockers? Yes Mr. Russell Westbrook I'm looking at you. But there are a lot of boring things going on in sports now. For instance, the Roger Clemons trial, I'm so tired of hearing about this boring story. ESPN just because this trial is going on doesn't mean that anyone wants to hear about it. I'm not the only one bored by this story. Two jurors at this trial so far have fallen asleep. They were rewarded for their naps by being dismissed.

Other sports stories that I can live out: the other 3 NBA playoff second round series, how bad of a golfer Tiger Woods is now and the waste of time known as Bountygate. Does Clippers-Spurs excite anyone? Does anyone think that the Clippers have a chance? Tiger Woods has become an averaged professional golfer and there's no shame in that. What I hate is when the leading golf story is whether he made the cut or not and then they talk about who's leading. This story is only made worse by how boring golf is. Also I'm so tired of Bountygate, aka what every other NFL team did but didn't get caught.

For today's video portion of my blog, I've been working on a list of some of my greatest hits. These are some of my favorite songs of all-time. Many time I refer to Top 500 or Top 100 songs, many of the below songs would be on those lists. Enjoy.

I'm reading about David Bowie in the early February, 2012 Rolling Stone. That's when Bowie was going through his Ziggy Stardust phase. Anyway my favorite song of his is "Suffragette City":



Pink Floyd's amazing "Another Brick In the Wall Pt. 2"



This song played a major part in a recent episode of the excellent and soon to be dearly departed TV series "Awake". This is Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody":



Rush's "The Spirit of Radio":



Although I wouldn't say this is an official greatest hit of mine, I still think this is a pretty cool song. I just rediscovered it today. Again this is a great song, but a little hard to watch. Yes' "Leave It":



ZZ Top's "Stages":



Hopefully I will have a lot more greatest hits tomorrow.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites