Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day!, Legalsounds.com Update

Hello,

I would be remiss if I didn't wish everyone a Happy Memorial Day. That goes especially to all those Americans who have fought for and died for this great country. I'm also grateful for those Americans who have come home alive and still have scars. I'm also so very grateful for their family members and for all their sacrifices.

And I know this is so cliche, but this song comes to mind when I think of this day or the military. It's so true.



Celebrating the greatness of American's brave military, I'm going to funk it up a bit with Mr. James Brown. (I have to admit this song makes me think of an old Eddie Murphy stand up routine.)



It's been a week since I've discovered the awesomeness of legal sounds.com. They sell individual songs for .9c and many full albums are under $1.00. Not only that but they are also currently running a special where all songs are 20% off their already low price. I know what you're thinking: "That sounds great, but what's the catch?" Well the closest thing to a catch I've experienced so far is I was charged 24c for an "international transaction fee". I'm not sure what that is. But only paying $30.24 for all the amazing songs I've added to my computer has been such a great deal. Only two things that would even count as being a catch so far is it's much harder to get a song on my computer than iTunes. Although adding music via legalsounds.com isn't very hard either, just a couple more steps. In what now seems to be an irrational fear, I thought I might wake up one morning and my hard drive was going to be wiped clean. But that hasn't happened.

You may want to check this out soon though, I've noticed that some songs have skyrocketed to 19c each.

What I've got out of it is a lot of great songs so far. I like to buy classic albums from a band's career. For instance I've bought older and under appreciated CDs from bands as diverse the Scorpions and Blondie. I've even let my oldest song buy some music and then he burns it on a blank CD.

I have to admit I'm not real excited by the NBA's Western Conference Finals. I neither like nor hate the Spurs or Thunder enough to cheer for either. My preference would be for the Thunder to advance to the NBA Finals as the Spurs have won so many titles recently. I predict this series will go 7 games and either team could win.

The Eastern Conference Finals starts tonight and I predict the Heat will win this series easily. I predict the Heat will win the series in 5 games. The old Celtics have just been worn down too much and that they don't have what it takes to compete with the Heat. Also while Boston was playing a tough Game 7 Saturday night, the Heat were resting. That gave many of their players a much needed chance to rest and recover from a long season.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites