Saturday, May 12, 2012

NBA Playoffs, "Castle" Season 4 Finale, "Awake", 70's classics Part. 3

Hello,

The NBA playoffs continued on last night. The Grizzlies forced a Game 7 by beating the Clippers in LA. I predict that the Grizzlies will win this series, however I really don't care. Again either team will get destroyed by the ruthless killing machine known as the San Antonio Spurs.

I'm looking forward to tonight's Game 7 between the Lakers and Nuggets. LA NBA teams have lost two straight games at home and I'd love to see that trend continue tonight. I just don't see how the Nuggets have a chance of winning this game. It's well known the Lakers are going to get the majority of the calls. How many cheap shots will Ron Arrest get away with under the guise of "good defense"? It works for the Celtics. Anyone breathing on Kobe will be called a foul. Kobe will probably get at least 10 foul shots, whether he deserves them or not. It will be interesting to see how many more free throws the Lakers get than the Nuggets.

I do have to say that Lakers-Thunder should make an amazing series, I would be much less interested in a Thunder-Nuggets series. And I would get some satisfaction watching the Thunder expose the LA Kobes.

Also tonight is Game 1 of the Philadelphia-Boston. Someone please wake me up when that series is over.

I watched the "Castle" Season 4 Finale the other day and I was a bit disappointed. Castle and Beckett finally got together, sort of. Again the show runner is dragging out that story way too long. But even worse is that the story of Beckett's Mom being killed will continue on in Season 5! And I thought "The Killing" was moving slowly in showing who killed Rosie Larson. "Castle" has so much going for it. A great cast and good stories. Why do they have to keep on circling back to that absolutely boring story about Beckett's mother? I expected more from the Season 4 finale.

Thanks to the coolness of On Demand, I watched the last 3 shown episodes of "Awake" last night. That is such a solid show and I'm glad I started watching it. The dual realities of Detective Britten can be a bit confusing at times, but this show seems like it would deal with it's mysteries in a very logical way. I was looking forward to a second season. Too bad last night it was announced this show has been cancelled. Most shows I like seemed to be cursed with short existences. I'm glad I didn't start watching "Lost" and "Battlestar Galactica" until they were over.

I was glad to see that "Body of Proof" was renewed for a third season though. I also look forward to the upcoming season 2 of "Falling Skies" and the third season of "Rizzoli and Isles".

Now on to some more 70's classics. Enjoy.

Linda Ronstadt's "Blue Bayou":



"Silver Threads and Golden Needles":



Rush's "Limelight". I love that they have an actual washing machine on the stage.



Um, the next videos may not be 80's songs, but they are close enough. Both have the feeling of an 80's song. I love how inventive and creative this song is. There's so much going on and it all fits together in a nice little package. "Spirit of Radio":



"Tom Sawyer":



My favorite song by the Carpenters, "Superstar":



"We've Only Just Begun":



Barry Manilow's "Copacabana":



"Mandy":



Bee Gees "You Should Be Dancing":



"Tragedy":



Here's a couple of hearts for you. First Blondie's "Heart of Glass":



Neil Young's "Heart of Gold":



This song has one of the greatest endings ever. Bette Midler's "The Rose":



Bruce Springsteen's "The River":



Bruce's "Born To Run": (RIP Clarence Clemons)



Reginald Dwight and Kiki Dee's "Don't Go Breaking My Heart":



I'm going to close with some Pink Floyd. This is "Comfortably Numb":



"Wish You Were Here". A song about Syd Barrett's battles with mental illness. Some of the most amazing lyrics ever.



"Run Like Hell":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites