Thursday, May 10, 2012

Classic 70's songs: After All I Am themusicaddict

Hello,

Let's go back to the 70's. Remember it was the era of disco, bellbottoms, afros, lots of sex, the Carter Presidency and a few other things we'd like to probably forget. Sadly quite a few of these people who brought us this music have passed away.

Yes, I know I've missed quite a few songs. I hear people saying "Where's Donna Summer?" or "Where's The Bee Gees" or 100 other acts. And for all you Commodores haters, listen to those amazing songs again.

I stumbled across this song last night. I was flooded with memories and a huge wave of nostalgia. What a great song!



Lobo's "Me and You and a Dog Named Boo":



Dazz Band "Let It Whip":



Alan O'Day's "Undercover Angel" to some old school "Charlie's Angels" clips:



More memories: England Dan and John Ford Coley's "I'd Really Love To See You Tonight":



Randy Van Warmer's "Just When I Need You The Most":



Paul Davis' "I Go Crazy":



All these sad songs that bring all these memories and feelings rushing back, I don't remember being that sad. Robert John's "Sad Eyes":



This is such an all-time classic, it gets me every time. Dan Hill's "Sometimes When We Touch":



Terry Jacks "Seasons In The Sun":



Paper Lace's "The Night Chicago Died":



Bonnie Tyler's "It's A Heartache":



Gilbert O'Sullivan's "Alone Again Naturally":



Steven Bishop's "It Might Be You":



The Dr. is in the house: Dr. Hook's "Sharing The Night Together":



Al Stewart's "Year of the Cat":



The Three Degrees "When Will I See You Again":



You can't have a 70's tribute without the amazing Commodores, "Still";



The Commodores again, "Sail On":



This might be the song most associated with the 70s:



One of the funkiest songs ever, "Brick House":



A bit obscure, but a pretty cool song. The Polecats "Make A Circuit With Me":



Jean Knight's "Mr. Big Stuff":



One of the most classic of 70's classics. Part of what makes this song so great is the singer's voice. He has a unique and a very great voice. Hot Chocolate's "You Sexy Thing":



Dickey Lee's "9,999,999 Tears":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites