Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Great 69c songs from iTunes Available For A Limited Time

Hello,

Wow I just heard, Rest In Peace Junior Seau.

Rammstein's "Du Hast":



Sugar Ray's "Fly":



Blink 182 aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer. The actual video for this song is lowest common denominator stupid and the lyrics aren't very smart either. However this is an incredibly catchy song.



Marc Cohn's "Walking In Memphis":



Jewel's "You Were Meant For Me":



The Darkness' "I Believe In A Thing Called Love" When I heard the amazing new Foxy Shazam CD "The Church of Rock and Roll", I was reminded of this band. Talking to someone I trust he said the lead singer of the Darkness, Justin Hawkins, produced that CD.



Theory Of A Deadman's "Not Meant To Be":



I'll close this part of the blog with a couple of Staind temporarily priced .69c songs on iTunes. The first song is "So Far Away".



"It's Been Awhile": (Sorry not the greatest sound.) The language will offend some.



Carrie Underwood's new CD "Blown Away" was released yesterday. I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but I'm hoping a review will be coming soon.

Speaking of reviews: I've been very surprised that both Rolling Stone and Entertainment Weekly have given good reviews to "The Avengers". Maybe it's one of those movies that's a lot better than the trailer would have you believe. For "Thor", the movie was a lot better than the trailer indicated. The trailer didn't even show the very cool Frost Giants. Now was "Thor" a great movie? No, but it was good for what it is, a summer movie. My standards tend to be a lot lower for summer movies. Sometimes it's just nice to be in a nice air conditioned theatre in the hot part of the year.

Random NBA playoff thoughts: Am I the only one who is surprised by how much the 76ers dominated the Roseless Bulls last night? Of course, it's easy to look good when you are shooting 59% from the field. I'm not a Bulls fan, but the playoffs won't be as good without the presence of Derrick Rose. I expect Coach Tibs to make some adjustments and I still see Chicago winning this series.

Why was Paul Pierce tebowing last night? Congrats to Tyson Chandler for winning the defensive player of the year. That will be the postseason highlight for the Knicks. With the extinguisher punching out Stoudemire, I expect the Knicks to actually look a lot better tomorrow. I predict Amare's absence will work out to be a good thing for the Knicks, they'll realize how average Stoudemire is. But will they be able to find anyone to take on his egregious contract? Doubtful. So what will they do with him for next season? Stoudemire is one of those players that I never want to see playing for "my" team, the Utah Jazz.

Also I found it interesting that two of the players involved in one of the best college football games ever are back in the news on the same day. That's Vince Young and Matt Leinart. After watching the classic 2006 Rose Bowl, where Texas prevailed 41-38, I thought that Vince Young was going on to be a NFL superstar. Young's Rose Bowl performance was simply one of the greatest games I've ever seen played by a college football player. I'm not quite as surprised that Leinart didn't have a great career, but I expected better. Yes, I'm talking about him in the past tense, despite him flirting with Oakland his career is essentially over.

I love how well the Dodgers are playing. They jumped to a 7-0 lead over the Rockies last night. The Rockies gave me quite a scare as they chipped away at the Dodgers lead. However the Dodgers held on to win 7-6. That was a big win and a gut check game for the Dodgers. The Dodgers are an amazing 17-7 and lead NL West second place team Arizona by 4 games. According to espn.com, they have a 63.3% chance of making the playoffs. However I expect both the Dodgers and Matt Kemp to cool off a bit. I wonder what the new Dodgers ownership group will do around the trading deadline. Will they go out and get a new bat or a new stud starting pitcher?

Speaking of the Magic Johnson led ownership group, they now officially are the new owners of the LA Dodgers. Thanks Magic (the face and presence), Stan Kasten (the baseball brains) and Mark Walter (the money). You're new ownership group has already made a dramatic change in the Dodgers fortunes. Things are a lot more happy for us Dodgers fans. Now I expect them to find a way to win, instead of finding a way to lose. Last night's game is a good example of their new determination.

Meanwhile the Red Sox, sad. I know it's still early in the season. But this Red Sox team just has that air of inevitability that this isn't their year. They'll still score a lot of runs and win a lot of games. Heck they might even make the playoffs, although that's very doubtful. But to win the World Series they need to learn how to win more consistently at home. Also all those bad signings in starting pitching are coming back to haunt them. They badly overpaid for Daisuke Matsuzaka and John Lackey. Although both are owed a lot of money, neither will ever be productive pitchers for the Red Sox.

Also remember to avoid the Karl Malone radio show, "Thru My Eyes" today. Avoid ESPN700 on the radio and online from 4:00 to 6:00 MST. Today's show will probably be as bad as last week, it's a good thing he has Bill Riley to carry the show. If not it would be even more of a train wreck. Even the title of his show isn't original. The lame Tim Tebow wrote a memoir titled "Through My Eyes".

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites