Saturday, May 19, 2012

Music, music and more music

Hello,

I watched nearly every minute of Game 3 of LA-Oklahoma City and the Thunder weren't nice enough to win? That's rude! It was good to see the 76ers come back from the dead, it seemed, to tie their series with the Celtics. That's exactly the kind of performance that Miami has to show tomorrow and I really hope they do.

This blog has got a bit of a way from it's original purposes. I do love music and it has meant a lot in my life. However I also love sports, movies and occasionally TV. But the main purpose of this blog is to be a music blog. My first blog was about at the time the upcoming release of "Chinese Democracy". And that turned out to be not really worth all the time that was put into it. Although I really do love "Better" from that CD:



Faith Hill's "This Kiss":



One of the catchiest songs ever, Boom Crash Opera's "Onion Skin":



This also needs to be filed under the extremely catchy songs as well. The Proclaimers "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)":



Every time I hear this song, I think it's Bread. However it isn't, this is Lobo. "I'd Love You To Want Me":



I feel a little strange liking this song, given it's skeevy nature. However I love this song:



The amazing Lauryn Hill's take on two old school classics. First Roberta Flack's "Killing Me Softly With His Song":



Lauryn Hill's "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You":



This is a song that when I find the video on youtube and add it to my blog, I play it over and over again. I do that because I love it so much. Sticking with the Lauryn Hill theme, one of my favorite of her originals, "Doo Wop (That Thing)":



Other songs I play over and over again when adding them to my blog:



Sammi Smith:



Two more multiple listen songs, both from the 80's (yeah I know: of course):



And from the other end of the rock spectrum, the Police "Synchronicity":



Now here are some songs that I don't think have received enough love. These songs have been out for varying lengths of time. First up is Switchfoot's "Oh! Gravity":



Throw Me The Statute's "Ancestors":



They Might Be Giant's "She Was A Hotel Detective":



I know regular readers of this post, will say he's posting this song again? Yes I am! I have no idea why this song is so obscure when it's just as good as "One Night In Bangkok", especially this version.



Another song that I feel is unfairly forgotten. Granted "Money For Nothing" is an amazing song, but this song is enjoyable too. It's an amazing song, but this video is so bizarre.



It's only because I went through a 70's phase lately that I rediscovered this song again. I hope I don't forget Brook Benton's "Rainy Night In Georgia" again.




themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites