Monday, May 14, 2012

Go Thunder. JJ Abrams' "Revolution": Will It Be Any Good?

Hello,

It was a disappointing game Saturday night between the Lakers and Nuggets. To no one's surprise the Lakers won as Kobe Bryant faded into the background a bit. He got his teammates involved and this time they were effective. Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol stepped up and had the games they should have had the whole series. Ron Arrest was on the floor for the Lakers after his 7 game suspension. I didn't see him mug anyone, although I only watched the first half. He did manhandle fellow Ute Andre Miller a few times, knocking Miller out of his rhythm. 10:30 EST starts are too late, even in Utah that's 8:30. The game doesn't usually start until 8:45. Even on a Saturday night, some of us have to get up early in the morning.

In the NBA playoffs we are down to the four second round series, honestly only one series provides any real interest for me. Is anyone excited by Spurs-Clippers? Does anyone think that will be a competitive series? If you didn't know, here's your answers no and no. I heard one NBA expert said he wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs sweep, either would I. The Spurs will be well rested when they play the Thunder in the Western Conference Finals. Then in the Eastern Conference, both second round series are my definition of boredom. I expect the Heat to wipe out the Pacers, I'd be very surprised if that series goes to 6 games. As for 76ers-Celtics, all I can say is yawn.

The only second round series I'm really interested in is Thunder-Lakers. Interested means I'll actually watch most of the games on TV. The Thunder-Lakers series starts tonight and I'm expecting a complete battle. I wonder how many games until Arrest earns another suspension. Would that surprise anyone if he gets suspended in this series? I love to see Artest play for the Lakers though, he never received the memo that he's a horrible shooter. Also is he not one of the dumbest NBA players there are and he has a lot of competition. From his saying he's not going to shake James Harden's hand, to his unrealistic judge of his own abilities to his "freedom of speech" quote from a couple of days ago.

I don't think it's going to happen, but I would love to see the Thunder sweep. The Lakers did get swept last year to the eventual NBA champions, Dallas. I'm looking forward to Game 1 of the Thunder series tonight, thankfully starting at 7:30 MST. That means I can watch the whole game, unless the Thunder blow them out, then read a bit before going to bed. Go Thunder!

What do you think about the new JJ Abrams show? "Revolution" is a NBC show for the upcoming Fall season. On one hand this show looks kind of cool. But on the other hand how many of these end of the world shows are there going to be before we get tired of the premise? Maybe we've reached that point already. For example, there's "Battleship" coming out this weekend. That looks awful, even with the babetastic Brooklyn Decker and Rihanna in it. Although having Taylor Kitsch in a movie doesn't help at all. I loved "Friday Night Lights", but I hated Kitsch in it. There's just something about him that I don't like, although I can't put my finger on it. Other end of the world shows include the horrendous "Trans- formers" dreck, "Battle LA" and "Independence Day" "Independence Day" hasn't aged well at all and the "Transformers" movies were ever any good. Meanwhile on TV there's "The Walking Dead" and "Falling Skies", both of which have held up so far.



Then this show is from JJ Abrams, which usually means quality. However doesn't this 4 minute trailer feel a little "Lostian" to you? What is it about JJ Abrams shows and using ancient computers? I will probably catch a couple episodes of "Revolution", but I'm keeping my expectations low.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites