Thursday, May 31, 2012

Heat and Dwayne Wade Soaring, Great Songs

Hello,

First of all I want to think Hannah Storm for lighting up the TV screen every time she's on Sports Center.  She's a very attractive woman.

I also love to watch Dwayne Wade and the rest of the Heat play. Wade is such a tremendous athlete and he does a little bit of everything. Last night Wade made several drives to the basket, scoring and getting to the foul line. As us old timers call it 3 points the old fashioned way, and as younger people call it the hoop and the harm. On one play where he was driving to the basket, he got his arm hacked and he still made a thunderous dunk. On a couple of crucial defensive plays he made big blocks. On one, Rajon Rondo stole the ball and it looked like he was driving for a easy layup. However Wade running step for step with Rondo timed his jump perfectly and blocked the shot. That play was a tremendous momentum shift in the Heat's favor. Later in the game Wade got a block that he blocked with his finger tips. Several tremendous plays by one of this generation's greatest players.

Also I said if the Heat won Game 2 easily this series was over. Well since the Celtics had a 15 point lead at one time and the game went into overtime, obviously it was anything but a easy victory. One or two more plays or calls go Boston's way and this series is tied at 1. This is the Celtics last hurrah and the difference between the Heat and the Celtics isn't as great as I thought. This series could go seven games and it will be quite a battle.

However I'd be remiss if I didn't give thumbs up to Rajon Rondo, he had an amazing game last night. The torch is clearly being passed to Rondo in Boston. Obviously the big three (the really old three?) won't all be coming back next season. And while I'm not a fan of the allegedly very petulant Rondo, he had an amazing game. He scored 44 points on 16 of 24 shooting. As someone cheering for the Heat, I got sick of him knocking down that elbow jumper repeatedly. He also had 8 rebounds, 10 assists and 3 steals. He also scored all 12 Celtics points in the overtime. There's no doubt he's a clutch player.

Also the Dodgers have all of a sudden lost 3 games in a row and to a very mediocre team. The Brewers (22-28, 10.9% Playoffs) have won 3 of their first 4 games in this series that the Dodgers are hosting. I'm hoping that the Dodgers can salvage at least one victory in tonight's game. However what is more concerning is that Matt Kemp reaggravated his hamstring injury. He was suppose to get a MRI today and he's probably going back on the disabled list. He just got off the disabled list May 29th, he injured himself in only his second game back.

Today's music selections come from my iTunes or Rewind 100.7. This first set of songs come from my iTunes.

A great, great song by Depeche Mode, "A Pain That I'm Used To":



The great Ronnie James Dio's "We Rock".



U2 and B.B. King's "When Love Comes To Town":



Steely Dan's "Hey 19"



I posted a few songs from the latest Rascal Flatts CD a couple of days ago. This morning on my iPod I heard this Rascal Flatts classic. This song took on a bit more poignancy as I just had my 2 year anniversary of my divorce. Both a great song and a great video. Rascal Flatts have a lot of amazing songs about heartache and breaking up.

"These Days":


Songs from Rewind 100.7:

Rewind 100.7 actually played "Sussudio", that made me think of the much better Phil Collins song "Easy Lover":



Yesterday I wrote about how I wished Rewind would play Prince, on the way home they played a funkified version of "Let's Go Crazy": (This is the only video available for this song)



Information Society's "What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)": (with a cameo by Leonard Nimoy)



Sister Sledge's "We Are Family":



I love Lou Bega's "Mambo Number 5":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites