Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I Love My iPod!: What Does Your iPod Say About You?, Great Songs (Updated 12/30/12)

Hello,

What do all these songs have in common? (see below)

Yeah I know I've featured all these videos several times, they are some of my favorite songs ever.



The likelihood of Tenacious D having a song this good is minuscule:



"Wonderwall":



One of the all-time classics and some of the best lyrics ever:



I have to admit that I'm over this song now, perhaps it won't be on my iPod too much longer.



The commonality of all these songs is that they all have a comfortable home on my iPod. I threw in the Tenacious D song so everyone wouldn't think the thing in common is that all are 80's songs.

My iPod has 557 songs, those songs are my personal greatest hits. I listen to songs on shuffle, it's great songs back to back to back. A song like Mumford & Sons "Babel" could be followed by Grandmaster Flash's "White Lines" which could be followed by Adele's "Rumor Has It". You get the idea. I love how I can mix eras and genres. That's a good thing for me because I love songs from all over. It's so easy to add and delete songs fitting ones mood. The battery lasts for a few hours and to recharge an iPod is an incredibly easy task. Apple thought of everything when they created the iPod.

"I Bet You Look Good On The Dance Floor":



Here's a quick look at who the top bands on my iPod are, there are some surprises. Typically the way I add songs to my iPod: I listen to songs on shuffle on my laptop. When it plays a song I really like, I add it to my iPod. For instance, that's how this song was added to my iPod on December 19th, 2012:



I also added this song to my iPod on 12/19/12. This is from what may be the second best rap/hip-hop CD of all time, "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill". This is "Doo Wop (That Thing)"



This list is in order of an artist's number of songs on my iPod. I thought Led Zeppelin and Pearl Jam would have the most songs on my iPod. I was surprised that Michael Jackson only has 3 songs on my iPod. Nine Inch Nails and Sinead O'Connor only have one song each on my iPod. Unbelievably I don't have any AC/DC at all. What? The number in parenthesis is the number of that artist's songs on my iPod.

1) Billy Idol- (15) "White Wedding":



2) Guns N' Roses- (12) "Mr. Brownstone":



3) The Scorpions- (8) "Lorelei":



4) Led Zeppelin- (7) For some songs I have both the studio and live versions. For instance "What Is And What Should Never Be":



4) Pearl Jam -(7) "Rats":



4) The Knack -(7) The Knack is one of the most unappreciated bands ever. They should've been much bigger. Here are a couple of songs from this great band.

"Your Number Or Your Name":



"Lucinda":



7) Journey - (6) "Lovin, Touchin', Squeezin' ":



7) Madonna- (6) "Rainbow Tour":





7) Van Halen - (6) "Finish What Ya Started":



7) U2- (6) "Red Hill Mining Town":



11) Red Hot Chili Peppers -(5) I don't even consider myself a RHCP fan, but I have 5 of their songs on my iPod. Their cover of Stevie Wonder's "Higher Ground"



Bands/artists that have 4 songs on my iPod are Adele, Pink, Pink Floyd, Taylor Dayne, Three Days Grace and Lady Gaga. Also The Ben Folds Five has 4 songs on my iPod, all are from the "Whatever and Ever Amen" CD.

Some obscure songs on my iPod include Rammstein's "Du Hast", "Quarterfly's "All Lies", Poe's "Not A Virgin", New Found Glory's "Summer Fling, Don't Mean A Thing", Nero's "My Eyes", 12 Stones "Open Your Eyes", David Nail's "Red Light" and Bang Tango's "Someone Like You".

Rammstein's "Du Hast":



Poe's "Not A Virgin":



One of my all-time favorite songs, this song is sadly unknown. This has to be an all-time Top 100 song, Meiko's "Boys With Girlfriends":



Bang Tango's "Someone Like You":



12 Stones "Open Your Eyes":



I'm not sure what the songs on my iPod says about me. One thing is obviously I love rock and the 80's. Usually the songs on my iPod are more about the song than the artist.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites