Wednesday, November 14, 2012

"The Walking Dead", "Nashville" and "Arrow"

Hello,

The two shows that I have to watch every week are "The Walking Dead" and "Nashville". Both appeal to me in very different ways. Things that I loved about "The Walking Dead's" last episode "Say The Word" include:

1) Michonne, anybody that can kick butt as well as her is awesome. Her character is so much different in the comic books. She's more than just a killing machine. Although different I like both the TV show and the comic books. In the comic books, Michonne is actually at the prison with Rick's group. If we see her again, is that where she's going to wind up?

2) I love that the same story lines usually play out in the comic book and the TV show. Although those story lines may play out through different characters. For instance in the comic book, Rick cuts off Allen's leg. In the show, Rick cuts off Hershel's leg. I love that both can be so different, but yet still so good. One major difference in the comic book, characters are always having sex. There's more sex going on than in "Nashville".

3) Daryl showing his softer side was great. He also is this show's comic relief and doesn't give any of the boring speeches that the other characters are so prone to.

4) What did you think when the phone started ringing? How are the phones able to even work one year into the zombie apocalypse? Who can possibly be on the phone and it be someone who makes sense to the story? I'm dying to know though. In reading a "Walking Dead" recap, they mentioned that a hint of who's on the phone is in the comic books. I read the 4th comic book collection "The Heart's Desire" Sunday night in hopes to find out, but that's not in that specific comic book.

5) The thing I enjoyed the most about this show though is that Lori Grimes is dead. Although seeing Rick's meltdown was a bit unsettling.

One thing I'm not liking about this show is the possibility of a clash between the Governor and Rick's group. It will be like the Civil War, brother against brother. What will happen when Daryl and Merle meet? I read one person say the stand off is "inevitable", oh please no. Also with no one able to nurse the baby, how long will it survive in the world it's in. Formula is something that can go pretty quick. those couple of cans won't last long. Also how long until the baby's loud crying gain the attention of unwanted zombies?

Also unlike "Revolution", when "The Walking Dead" has it's mid season break I'm actually going to miss it. It's hard to believe that after how mediocre Season Two was, that this show has bounced back so strongly.

I'm looking forward to the latest episode of "Nashville" tonight. Tonight's episode is titled "You're Gonna Change (Or I'm Gonna Leave)". I have no idea what's going to happen. However what I'd like to see includes Scarlett finally kicking Avery to the curb. Avery is a very lame character. I also won't mind the whole political story line going away. That's been so boring. Congratulations to "Nashville" for getting a full season pickup.

Also I finally got the chance to see "Arrow" the other night on Comcast On Demand. I watched the second through the fifth episodes. The first episode was no longer available. "Arrow" is on the CW, so it's not like I'm expecting a whole lot. But still it's a mostly enjoyable show. For the most part I like the characters. I'll definitely continue watching "Arrow".

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites