Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Whoever You Voted For, America Is Still A Great Country

Hello,



I'm not what you would call a political junkie. Honestly I pay very little attention to politics 90% of the time. However when it comes time to elect the President, I pay a lot more attention. This election I was hoping for Obama to win and was glad when he won. As an American I'm proud to say President Obama is my President!

However Mitt Romney also has some views that I agree with. Like Romney, I'm a fully active member of the the LDS aka Mormon Church. Although in terms of our religion we agree on many things, our politiical ideology is different enough that I wasn't going to vote for him.



Because of all the other great countries out there, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Many people continue to come to America. In fact, if it wasn't for all the immigrants that have come to America, this country wouldn't be as great as it is. Besides Native Americans, we all owe a debt to those who had the courage to come to America and have left their ancestors this great country.

Immigration and taxmageddon seem to be two of the main issues coming in President Obama's second term. I'm hoping that Obama has a better second term than Dubya, Richard Nixon and others.

I continue to pray that God will continue to bless America:



With this Presidential election over I see America's biggest challenge being to unite and work together to continue to strengthen this great country. There's got to be a way we can all come together and not because of a national tragedy. We need to eliminate the country of those people and things that cause so much division. For instance Karl Rove, lobbyists, but companies that control more than they should etc. Also Fox News has got to go away, it's a disgrace. No more partisan politics. A politician should be defined by his true beliefs not what political party he belongs to.



If you don't like living in America, then for Heaven's sake do what you can to make it better. As James Brown sings "You might not be looking for a promised land, but you might find it anyway."



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites