Friday, November 16, 2012

What I Won't Be Writing About Today 11/16/2012 (Updated 11/18/12)

Hello,

Here are some of the things I won't be writing about today:

The greatness of the "Twilight" movies. Do you realize this lame series has been on the cover of Entertainment Weekly 20 times? EW is one of my favorite magazines and I'm disappointed by this fact.

The greatness of Tim Tebow. I love that some of his teammates are turning against him. Who can blame them? He's been the center of conversation since he joined the Jets, yet he hardly plays. It was obviously the misguided owner who wanted Tebow. Rex Ryan knows his job is on the line, who can blame him for not putting his job in the hands of Tebow. Not that Mark Sanchez inspires a lot of confidence either.

I won't be talking about the Jazz's road prowess. This season they've won one game on the road, that was the triple overtime thriller against the not very good Raptors. And they will probably lose tonight to the 76ers as well. Update: The Jazz did lose to the 76ers, but still were able to go 2-2 on their Eastern road trip. That's a good road swing for the underachieving Jazz. Of course that 2-2 record might say more about the absolutely bad teams they beat.

I'm guessing the 76ers aren't real happy they traded for Andrew Bynum. He's "injured" and will be out a few more weeks. Am I the only that gets the feeling that he would rather do something else than play basketball? But in something that couldn't be made up, now it's known why Bynum had his so-called setback. He was injured bowling, how do you get injured while bowling? That makes me laugh. I think it's more about him not wanting to play basketball and making up an excuse. He's already had his 76er's debut put back 3 times and it looks like this will be the fourth time. He could be back sometime between mid-December to mid-January. That's unless he goes bowling again.

If I was the 76ers, I'd never have traded for Andrew Bynum. He's a lot like Dwight Howard. They both have a ton of talent, but have very little heart. They only play basketball for the money and attention. I still say that neither will ever win an NBA title, neither cares enough about that. I would give a slight exception to that prediction because Howard plays with Kobe Bryant. Bryant may drag Howard to a NBA title. Howard cares so much about winning that he's shooting .505% from the free throw line this season. Of course that's better than the .491% he shot last season.

Amare Stoudemire, please hurry up and come back. Knicks haters are missing you. Stoudemire is another overrated player. Once the Knicks get Stoudemire back he and Carmelo Anthony will be fighting for touches and shots. At that point the Knicks should resort to their losing ways and the world will be right again. The Knicks are somehow 6-1, that's in spite of being out rebounded in 6 straight games. Stoudemire's return won't help them with that.

If I were the Knicks I'd try to unload Stoudemire to some foolish NBA team. I know what you are thinking "but what team would take Stoudemire?" I hear you on that, who wants to pay Stoudemire nearly $20 million for this season? Both of those are good points, but the 76ers traded for Bynum. Also the Bulls signed injury prone Carlos Boozer to an egregious amount of money.

Again I ask my fellow Dallas Cowboys fans to boycott the Dallas Cowboys this week. Dallas should easily win this game, but things don't usually work out the way they are suppose to for the Cowboys. I'm sort of leaning towards the Cowboys losing this game. This team how it's made up is just not very good and there needs to be a big shake up. That shake up needs to start at the top with egomaniac Jerry Jones. (Who's the worst owner in professional sports? Is it Jones, James Dolan or Donald Sterling?)

I also won't be writing about the durability of many of the Cowboys players. It looks like DeMarco Murray is going to miss his fifth consecutive game this Sunday. He missed those critical games at the end of last season and also missed games in college. Also both Dez Bryant and Miles Austin seem to miss more than their share of games. It always feels like they are a minor injury from sitting out a few games. These players have the ability to blind you with their potential, but usually aren't able to play enough to live up to that potential.

I'm not a big fan of Tony Romo, but at least you got to give him the props for being tough. The man played with cracked ribs, for heck's sake.

themusicaddict


No comments:

Favorites