Thursday, November 22, 2012

TSO Rocks Salt Lake City

Hello,

Last night I was able to go to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra on their annual Christmas tour. This tour is "The Last Christmas Eve" tour. Yes, this is the setlist for the Peoria concert this year. But from the notes I kept it seems the setlist was close to, if not exactly, the same.

Trans-Siberian Orchestra Setlist Peoria Civic Center Theatre, Peoria, IL, USA, TSO East 2012


Overall TSO put on a pretty good concert. Their set featured many of their great songs. The singing and musicianship are amazing. The narrator was great, his deep voice sharing with us the tale of the lost Christmas Eve. Sometimes the sound was too loud and that deep voice hurt my ears.

The light show was also amazing. Coordinating the music and the lights to create a complete rocking experience. Really my only complaint about the lights is that they were often shown right into the eyes of the audience. Once in a while is okay, but as often as TSO did it, it became punishing. They really should significantly tone that down.

But overall I would give the concert a solid B+ and I'd highly recommend you see them in concert. TSO not only rocks, but they bring the Christmas spirt with them.

Here are some of my favorite songs of the night:

"Faith Noel": I love how TSO can take a traditional Christmas medley and rock it out:



I don't know how to describe it, but I especially love what I call the steps in the music. What I mean is how the songs climb and drop like they are on steps. "Wizards In Winter" is probably my favorite TSO song:


"Christmas Dreams":



"Christmas Nights In Blue":



"Siberian Sleigh Ride":



Seriously people don't be a Grinch, enjoy this amazing time of the year. "What Is Christmas?":



Yes I'm serious, don't be a grinch! Open your heart a little and let the Christmas spirit envelop you. "For The Sake of Our Brother":



"Wish Liszt" (Toy Shop Madness)":



"Back To A Reason: Part 2":



"What Child Is This?":



"Christmas Canon Rock":



"A Mad Russian's Christimas":



"This Christmas Day":



"Christmas Eve/ Sarajevo":



themusicaddict




No comments:

Favorites