Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I'm Sorry "Last Resort" and "Revolution" But We Need To Break Up

Hello,

Last week I wrote about telling "Revolution" I needed my space. Last night I told "Revolution" it was time to break up. In other words I've cancelled my DVR from recording the whole season. I also broke up with "Last Resort" last night also. Both are intriguing premises, but neither show was able to live up to their potential. "Revolution" has became so stupid. The consensus is that Tracy Spiranakos shouldn't be a show lead. Overall the acting is terrible. Zak Orth, Graham Rogers and David Lyons are the worst offenders. Orth is the least believable computer geek ever, he used to work for Google? Really? Rogers is Robert Pattinson lite. And David Lyons has the roar of a kitty cat.

Also I finally figured out why Billy Burke looks so familiar. He plays Bella's father in the "Twilight" movies. Speaking of bad acting and boring plots, "Twilight" is the king of both. (It seems the people behind the "Twilight" movies took the worst parts of the books and only put those in the movies. Really they couldn't find better actors than Kristin Stewart, Robert Pattinson or Tyler Lautner? I'm so happy these lame people will now be going away. Is "Twilight" the worst series ever made?)

"Revolution's" story lines are getting lamer by the week. Also the villain, the ironically named David Lyons, is one of the weakest villain ever. And the ultimate show killer for me, I just don't care about the characters. I don't even care if some of the "secrets" are about to be revealed. Yawn. This show just has too much going on. There's the whole why did the power stop and eventually there's going to be the revolution story. Too much mumbo jumbo paired with boring actors isn't a winning combination.

This Monday's episode is titled "Kashmir", followed by "Nobody's Fault But Mine". Then there will be one more episode on November 26th. The show will then take a break until March 25th. That's probably the worst idea for this show, because people are going to forget about it. But what do I know, some networks are so desperate that "The Killing" coming back for a third season is being considered.

Obviously both "Kashmir" and "Nobody's Fault of Mine" are also the titles of Led Zeppelin songs. At least "Revolution" has that going for it. According to rollingstone.com the next episode will feature two Led Zeppelin songs. Those two songs are "Kashmir" and "Since I've Been Loving You". It's a tie in with the mighty Zep's "Celebration Day" being released the following day. (An aside I've been rocking out to Led Zeppelin's "BBC Sessions" the last couple of days as my driving music. Clearly some of the most amazing music ever made. Without a doubt, and by a long ways, Zeppelin is easily the greatest band of all-time.)

This is the version of "Kashmir" taken from "Celebration Day":



"Since I've Been Loving You" (Live-1973):



One of the producers on "Revolution" is J. J. Abrams. He said yesterday that he wasn't going to be working on the next "Star Wars" movie. Thank you J. J. for that, your work has been crappy lately.

Sadly "The Last Resort" started out with so much promise. That first episode was amazing. However slowly but surely it has been going downhill and sadly it's become unwatchable. I saw previews of tomorrow night's episode and I thought to myself "lame". When the show stays on Sainte Marino it's okay. However all the "intrigue" going on in Washington D.C. is boring. Sadly the lovely Autumn Reeser and talented Bruce Davison are wasted in that morass. Jessy Schram as the wife of one of the crew members isn't very good in this show. However I enjoyed Schram in "Falling Skies". Of course "Falling Skies" is a much better show than "Resort".

And on the island of Sainte Marino, the stories are better but still lame. Actors being wasted there are Andre Braugher, Robert Patrick and the hot Daisy Betts. Of the two shows "Resort" is better. For the most part the cast is made of people that can actually act. Patrick was amazing in "T2" as the upgraded Terminator model. I also loved Braugher in "Men Of A Certain Age". When "Resort" is cancelled, can they start filming a third season of "Men"?

So I'm sorry, but we really have to break up. Hopefully you'll be able to find someone that can tolerate mediocrity better than me. But hey "Revolution" and "The Last Resort" let's still be friends.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites