Wednesday, January 5, 2022

(Updated January 4th, 2022) The Top 5 Songs + #100 Ranked Song Every Year I've Been Alive Part Five: 1980 Part D

Hello,

I like to go back and finish, or if not continue to work on, blogs from the past. I started working on this blog on April 25th, 2020. 

I was hatched in June of 1967, the #1 song about the week I was born was Aretha Franklin's "Respect". The day I was born was close to when "Respect" was #1. These rankings are from Billboard magazine. I've decided to work on this blog as I just finished watching the movie 'Borg vs. McEnroe", the movie ends with their classic match at Wimbledon. Some of the scenes are set at Studio 54 and some of the amazing music of that era is playing in the background. The movie was okay, but the final Wimbledon scenes are very intense. Again these songs were either released in 1980 or were big hits in that same year.

19) K.C. and the Sunshine Band "Please Don't Go":


18) Diana Ross "Upside Down":


17) Christopher Cross "Ride Like The Wind":


16) Elton John "Little Jeannie":


15) Air Supply "Lost In Love":


14) The Spinners "Working My Way Back To You/Forgive Me Girl":


13) Smokey Robinson "Cruisin":


12) Gary Numan "Cars"


11) Rupert Holmes "Escape (The Pina Colada Song":


10" Bette Midler "The Rose":



9) Billy Joel "It's Still Rock and Roll To Me":


8) Lipps Inc. "Funkytown":


7) Paul McCartney "Coming Up":


6) Queen "Crazy Little Thing Called Love":


5) Captain and Tennille "Do That To Me One More Time":


4) Michael Jackson "Rock With You":
3) Olivia Newton-John "Magic":
2) Pink Floyd "Another Brick In The Wall":
1) Blondie "Call Me":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites