Friday, January 7, 2022

(Finished January 7th, 2022) Part 13 of themusicaddict's Actual Greatest Songs Of All-Time (GSOAT)

Hello,

Another Greatest Songs of All-Time issued from on high by Rolling Stone magazine. I love that magazine and have been a subscriber since approximately the early 80s. I understand that a lot of people have different tastes in music. That's the way it should be, but like everyone else I have my own opinions. Just as fervently as I agree with some of their choices I also disagree with some of their choices. Currently I'm working on my Top 100 Songs of All-Time and honorable mentions. There are just some songs that I can't not include in the Greatest Songs of All-Time. I started with 100 Greatest Songs of All-Time. That has inched up to several hundred songs and will continue to rise. For this blog I'm going to focus on the actual Greatest Songs Of All Time, not the honorable mentions. These are songs that are ranked outside of my Top 100 GSOAT. 

These lists are very fluid. Most of these songs could have also been in my All-Time Top 100 if only I had thought of them earlier. There are probably about 500 to 700 songs that will always be in my GSOAT. Again these are GSOAT, just outside my Top 100 GSOAT.

735 million YouTube views, that's lot for an 80s song. This song is worthy of that many views. 305) Toto "Africa":


A song just as good as the above song, but this little pop ditty "only" has 23 million views. 
306) Bananarama "Venus":


With all the garish colors and interesting clothing choices can you tell when this video was made? 
307) Michael Jackson "Rock With You":


308) The Four Seasons "Oh What A Night (December 1963)":


309) Lonestar "Not A Day Goes By":


310) Paul Davis "I Go Crazy":


311) Muse "Uprising":


312) Def Leppard "Bringin' On The Heartbreak":


313) The Scorpions "The Zoo":


314) Genesis "Land of Confusion":


315) Kiss "Detroit Rock City":


316) Sarah Brightman and Steve Harley "The Phantom of The Opera":


317) The Police "Don't Stand So Close To Me":

318) Kansas "Carry On Wayward Son":


319) Survivor "The Eye Of The Tiger":


320) Phil Collins "Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now)":


Such a great song, but such a lame band. I'm almost embarrassed to have this band on my blog. But this song is three minutes of genius. 321) Nickelback "How You Remind Me":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites