Friday, January 7, 2022

(Finished January 7th, 2022) Part 3 of Great 80s Covers

Hello,

These songs are either 80sish songs that were covers of a previous song or have been made into a cover by a later musician. I'm posting both the original song and the cover. Some of these songs may break outside of the 80s decade, but still are pretty close to that decade. My goal is at least the original or the cover was in the 80s.

18) Peter Frampton "Baby I Love Your Way":

Big Mountain "Baby I Love Your Way":

Will To Power "I Love Your Way/ Freebird":


Before tonight I was completely unaware of this version, but now this may be my most favorite version. The Strangeloves "I Want Candy":


19) Bow Wow Wow "I Want Candy":

Charli XCX "I Want Candy":

20) The Supremes "You Keep Me Hangin' On":

Kim Wilde "You Keep Me Hangin' On":

21) Fred Astaire "Puttin' On The Ritz":

Taco "Puttin' On The Ritz":

22) David Bowie "China Girl":

I had never heard of this version before tonight, but I quite like Tripwire's version. And you can't go wrong with 145 YouTube views. Tripwire "China Girl":

23) The Pointer Sisters "Fire":

Bruce Springsteen "I'm On Fire":

24) Kyu Sakamoto "Sukiyaki":


This is such a beautiful song, especially this version. A Taste of Honey "Sukiyaki":


25) Animotion "Obsession":


Sugababes "Obsession":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites