Sunday, November 14, 2021

(Finished November 14th, 2021) Part 1 of The Best Songs of 1977

Hello,

This blog is mostly inspired by a book I saw yesterday at Target. I loved the title of the book, which is "I Heard It In A Love Song". That of course reminded me of the classic Marshall Tucker Band song. I knew I needed to hear that song again. I then took it further and decided to build a whole blog around it. I focused on 1961 yesterday, today I'm focusing on 1977. 1977 was an amazing year for music.

As improbable as it seems Abba is back with their first new music in 40 years. The name of that CD is "Voyage" and I haven't listened to it enough to have a fair opinion. 1) Abba "Dancing Queen":

2) Abba "Knowing Me":

3) Abba "The Name of the Game":

Steven Tyler is one of the grossest rockers there is, he's an incredibly cringeworthy person. That being said Aerosmith has had many great songs over the years. 4) Aerosmith "Walk This Way":

After opening in Conneticut in 1976, this famous play made it's Broadway debut in 1977. 5) From "Annie", "It's A Hard Knock Life":


6) Andrea McArdle "Tomorrow":


7) The Babys "Isn't It Time":


8) The Bar Kays "Too Hot To Stop":

9) Bee Gees "How Deep Is Your Love":

10) Bee Gees "More Than A Woman":

11) Bee Gees "Night Fever":

12) Bee Gees "Stayin' Alive":

13) Stephen Bishop "On and On":


14) Blue Oyster Cult "This Ain't The Summer of Love":


This CD was released in 1976, but these two songs were released as singles in 1977. 15) Boston "Foreplay/ Long Time":


Yes, I know the sounds sucks on this song. 16) Boston "Peace of Mind":


17) Their last semi-hit. Bread "Hooked On You":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites