Monday, November 15, 2021

(Finished November 15th, 2021) Part 2 of The Best Songs of 1977

Hello,

This blog is mostly inspired by a book I saw yesterday at Target. I loved the title of the book, which is "I Heard It In A Love Song". That of course reminded me of the classic Marshall Tucker Band song. I knew I needed to hear that song again. I then took it further and decided to build a whole blog around it. I focused on 1961 yesterday, today I'm focusing on 1977. 1977 was an amazing year for music.

I spent more time than I should have to made sure all of these songs were released in 1977. If I am wrong on any it is my fault.

18) Blondie "Rip Her To Shreds":

19) Brick "Dazz":

20) I love the mellow funk of this song. Brothers Johnson "Strawberry Letter #23":


21) Jackson Browne "Load Out/ Stay":


22) Jackson Browne with Crosby, Stills and Nash "The Pretender":


23) Jackson Browne "Running On Empty":


24) Jimmy Buffet "Margaritaville":


25) Captain & Tennille "Circles":


26) Captain and Tennille "Come In From The Rain":


27) Carpenters "All You Get From A Love Song Is A Love Song":

28) The Carpenters "Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft":

29) Glen Campbell "Southern Nights":

30) Glen Campbell "Sunflower":

"I Want You To Want Me" was originally released in 1977 and didn't chart. But it was performed at the Budakon in 1978 and went to #7.Pre Budakon. 31) Cheap Trick "I Want You To Want Me":

32) Chicago "Baby What A Big Surprise":

33) Eric Clapton "Lay Down Sally":

34) Eric Clapton "Wonderful Tonight":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites