Thursday, November 4, 2021

(Finished November 4th, 2021) Part 2 of The Best Rock Music of the Late 70's: 1976-1980, Songs 18-34

Hello,

My boss played 70s music at work today and that put me in the mood for 70s music. I decided to continue to work on these blogs I started a little over 9 months. I also had to replace a couple of videos that had expired on Part 1.

I was watching the first episode of the newly reprised "Freaks and Geeks" on Hulu the other day. It's based in 1980 and has many of the great songs of that time play in the show. The song that really stood out was Styx's "Come Sail Away". It's a song I didn't like much for the longest time but have grown to like over the last few years. But last night it really hit me how great of a song it is. For 1979 we know it was a terrible year for rock music as that year was the peak of disco. But there are still dozens of great rock classics in this five year window. Here are over 100 of them in this series of blogs.

18) Boston "Don't Look Back":

19) ELO "Don't Bring Me Down":

20) Nick Gilder "Hot Child In The City":

21) AC/DC "Back In Black":

22) Pete Townsend "Let My Love Open The Door":

23) Al Stewart "Year of The Cat":

24) Crosby, Stills and Nash "Just A Song Before I Go":

25) Genesis "Follow You Follow Me":

26) The Eagles "Heartache Tonight":

27) The Doobie Brothers "What A Fool Believes":

28) Jackson Browne "Boulevard":

29) Meat Loaf "Bat Out of Hell":

30) Fleetwood Mac "Dreams":

31) The Cars "My Best Friend's Girl":

32) You Shook Me All Night Long":

33) Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers "Refugee":

34) Steely Dan "Hey Nineteen":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites