Thursday, November 25, 2021

(Finished November 26th, 2021) Part 3 of The Best Songs of 1977

Hello,

This blog is mostly inspired by a book I saw yesterday at Target. I loved the title of the book, which is "I Heard It In A Love Song". That of course reminded me of the classic Marshall Tucker Band song. I knew I needed to hear that song again. I then took it further and decided to build a whole blog around it. I focused on 1961 yesterday. Today I'm focusing on 1977, it was an amazing year for music.

I spent more time than I should have to made sure all of these songs were released in 1977. If I am wrong on any it is my fault. I was trying to keep these songs in alphabetical order and I was pretty close, except for songs here.

35) Shaun Cassidy "Da Doo Ron Ron":

36) Shaun Cassidy "That's Rock And Roll":


37) Cheap Trick "Oh Candy":


This song was released as a single in 1977 and didn't chart. But the song soared to #7 when it was released as a single from Cheap Trick At Budakon. But before that it was released as a studio track. Wow, I had no idea how much better the live version is. 38) Cheap Trick "I Want You Want Me":


The live and much better version of "I Want You To Want Me":


39) C.J. and Company "Devil's Gun":


40) Climax Blues Band "Couldn't Get It Right":


41) The Commodores "Brick House":


42) The Commodores "Easy":


43) Rita Coolidge "We're All Alone":


44) Rita Coolidge "You Love Has Lifted":

These two songs are out of alphabetical order as I duplicated some songs by the Commodores. 45) Tammy Wynette "Let's Get Together One Last Time":

46) Tammy Wynette "One Of A Kind":

47) Bill Conti "Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky)":

48) Billy "Crash" Craddock "The First Time":

49) Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young "Just A Song Before I Go":

50) Dave & Sugar "Don't Throw It All Away":

51) Dave & Sugar "I'm Knee Deep In Loving You":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites